User avatar

Phoenixfire

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Scrap #1

    Wow, it's been forever since I've reread this. Good point--and something I'll change if it ever goes any further. Thanks for the input!

    Jun 26, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 4

    The rhyming was random. I liked how it sounded. And like I said when I replied to your post on part three, this is supposed to be a darker look ...

    Oct 5, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 3

    Oh, yeah, I know 'blackness' and night are really overused. Just think of what I could've done--I was thinking of using a darkness of night/absence of light combo. Not so ...

    Oct 5, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 2

    Yeah, it does seem kind of random, but it evolved on a page somehow. I don't know. I was also sorta limited by the format I chose, but I guess ...

    Oct 5, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: the girl who cried wolf

    Awesome awesome awesome. Really, a very good poem. Loved rhythm, rhyme, and concept. The only thing that bothered me a little was the lack of capitalization (so I'm a freak). ...

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I'm Gonna Laugh

    It was good. The fact that you were very grounded in an emotion, whether it was real or not, made the poem that much better. I've seen this emotion in ...

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Signature, or "Abandon All Hope"

    I mean absolutely no offense to those who commented (really, because I love comments!) but I did find it a little funny how seriously you took this blurb. You're right--I ...

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 4

    I do not fear the water The resting place of death Ships, unmoving, lay As if the day That killed them Had not Been

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 3

    I do not fear the dark The blackness of night All is shadows That creep soft Over All

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 2

    There probably is a name for it, but I can't think of it. Oh, well. Yes, it was originally a series, but I didn't like it that way. Some of ...

    Oct 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 2

    As with the first in the series, these poems are meant to be read with the emphasis on the last word. I do not fear the wild beasts With tooth ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I do not fear...part 1

    These poems are supposed to be read with the emphasis on the very last word. Otherwise, you'll miss part of it. I do not fear the taste of flame Fire ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Signature, or "Abandon All Hope"

    "Abandon all hope all ye who enter here," The old wooden sign said, precariously set She looked back at her home behind her Turned to face the future And walked ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing games

    That's a great idea! I've never heard of that before! In the magazine I'm involved in at my college, I heard of a writing excersize called the 'Exquisite Corpse." What ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: recommend me something

    If you want stuff that's blow your head off funny, try Ogden Nash. Of course I will also recommend Robert Frost. Lewis Carroll is a great one to look at ...

    Oct 2, 2007


The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare