User avatar

Phindin

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Showing Time

    I typically think it's a bad idea to write something simply for the sake of writing something. If a describing a journey from one location to another does nothing to ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    Nobody ever notices a lack of swearing. Aha. I was hoping someone would say this. I actually do, on occasion, notice a lack of swearing. I've probably read too many ...

    May 24, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: King Dork by: Frank Portman

    I think I got a little less than halfway through and stopped. I didn't like it much. It's pretty standard as far as YA is concerned. You have your quasi-loser ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Atonement by Ian McEwan

    Well. I saw the movie, but I havem't read the book. I know my dad really liked it, though. And so the ending. From what you said, it seems to ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Unique Styles - Yay or Nay?

    .oN Actually, if it doesn't make it terribly difficult to read and there's an actual purpose to the weird font, then I probably wouldn't care.

    Dec 7, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Actually Getting it Written

    The key for me is to just sit down and do it. Even if I don't feel like it. It takes just a few minutes for me to get into ...

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Making Fantasy "Original"

    My advice would be to worry less about whether your using clichés or not. I say that because once you put yourself in that mindset, you starting getting mental walls ...

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A male's opinion

    In response to what Katharsis is saying, I would say that intensley over-zealous anti-racists are overplayed – I have every reason to believe, that they represent only a tiny tiny ...

    Nov 7, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Starting with Quotes? Yes or no?

    Churchill, Hitler, those kinds of people maybe. Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls - A big no-no. I have no problem with quotes, I just have a problem with awful ...

    Nov 6, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Said, said, said, said

    I think a happy medium is the key. When I see 'said' used over and over it annoys me, and when I never see it the replacements can become tiresome. ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: What's your NaNo 2007 about?

    Ha. This sounds like fun. Looks like a good opertunity to quickly lay down a plot I've been tossing around in my head for awhile now. Ty-tul: Breaking 50 Jon-ruh: ...

    Oct 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche Fantasy

    I personally find Goosebump books very amusing reads once in a while. My friend and I spent a little time reading them once during a sleep-over, swapping stupid lines and ...

    Oct 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Let's see. The two summer reading books I was assigned are somewhere near the bottom for me: Atlas Shrugged and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. The former was simply an ...

    Oct 11, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A male's opinion

    It's actually not reverse sexism. It's just that "masculine" traits are considered "superior" to "feminine" traits. Ergo, if a female adopts "masculine" traits, she's "improving," but if a male adopts

    Oct 10, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: A male's opinion

    I'd be an exception as well. I was always baffled by how girls can have masculine traits and (not in all cases, certainly) be accepted while boys with feminine traits ...

    Oct 10, 2007


The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone