User avatar

Perra

  • Homework Help Re: Removing "to be" from my lit paper

    (5) . Jim can no longer act like the child he once was now that he knows the pain of losing his parents and, as a consequence, the pain of ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Slight Changes to Default Template, March 2008

    Well now it looks awesome! It took a while to kick in on my computer. I take back what I said. P.S. I use Firefox.

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question about lisps...

    I think writing someone with a lisp for a long period of time would be frustrating to the reader and the writer, though, haha. You could mention a few times ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question about lisps...

    Hmm, my best advice is not to make the character itself ridiculous or stereotypical. Give it a personality that isn't supposed to be laughed at because of the lisp. Also ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Slight Changes to Default Template, March 2008

    Ehh. The buttons are all blurry/pixelly now (at least on my comp), and they seem a bit smaller than before. And it looks like there's text on the top of ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: What is Canada?

    I need to know everything you know about Canada. Please. Especially if you live/lived there or could tell me about life in Canada. I'm working on a horror story set ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

    I read these books in January/February, and I'm obsessed with them. However, many aspects of the series bother and infuriate me. Especially Bella. My issues with Bella: My major issue ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Research Re: Calling all college students

    The weekend before Halloween, two of my friends at this other college hosted a pumpkin carving party. Everyone cooked something in the two friend's kitchen and nibbled on the food ...

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: White Wash

    For my 555th post here (and with an even 60 reviews..), I decided to finally post something I wrote! This is the first chapter of my NaNoWriMo, that's the only ...

    Dec 15, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Best Review EVAR

    XDDDDD lol, that's great!

    Dec 12, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Schneetag!

    I live in the south. Snow doesn't favour us. At least, not until some random day in February. Plus, I'm in college now so the likelihood of a snow day ...

    Dec 11, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Examination Station

    Tomorrow, at 8:30 a.m., is my exam of utter d00m-nation. DX It's a class that's like a cross of Intro to Philosophy and Intro to World Religions with some science ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Book of Sorrow Chap. 1

    This is a good beginning. It's partially well written and kept me interested. You use a lot of passive voice and need to work a bit more on your sentence ...

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Book of Sorrow Chap. 1

    He sank into his vintage arm chair. Red in color it was a gift from his late father. He sank into his red vintage arm chair, a gift from his ...

    Dec 8, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: The Golden Compass #2

    And the first part of the movie, up until they introduce Lee Scoresby and Iorek, was majorly rushed. Yeah, I noticed that, too. When Pan suspected that Mrs. Coulter was ...

    Dec 8, 2007


“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell