User avatar

Periwinkle

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you think we should get our troops out of the war?

    Terrorism isn't something that just magically stops because we deploy our troops to one area. Terrorism happens everywhere. The whole idea of calling it "War on Terror" is simply ludicrous ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Science has found a way to get pregnant without sex. Science has, true, but unless science can find a way for two females/males to have children without scientific intervention then ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Contradictions between the gospels mean nothing, as they are the same story told by different people, and mistakes could easily be made. Then the bible can't exactly be called a ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Ok, well going to something a few posts back, that goes into the assumption that all religious people then say that homosexuality is bad? I am actually religious. :)

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Agreed. The Bible contradicts itself with the issue of the morality of being gay, as well as most other matters. This makes it useless for moralizing on issues like this. ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Exactly. So what do you think of homosexuality, disregarding the Bible? This is where homophobes crawl into hiding, I fear. Well, they can always pull out the good ol' "They ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    It's the way you said it. I wasn't saying it was your argument. Well, if the Bible says not to be gay, I guess one shouldn't be gay. You didn't ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    *Checks bible gateway* Well, if the Bible says not to be gay, I guess one shouldn't be gay. However, not everyone is Christian nor is America a Christian nation.

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    I'm just not sure...I am Christian, but I am aware of no part of the Bible that is anti-gay. If somebody knows of such a verse, please give it to ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    Example: What if I'm adopted? That was an assumption. That wasn't an assumption that was a hypothetical question I'm guessing. Also, you don't tend to gossip until you fight. Or ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    I'm basing this off the fact that there is one kid in my school with two female parents who acts like a girl. Children with divorced parents typically get to ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    What? No! Well, yes, the first point. The only 100% protection from pregnancy is abstinance. But men aren't just sperm banks, and women aren't just incubators. You're bending my argument ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    I'm assuming you've never had sex so how do you know whether that other modes of interaction are comparable to sex? I'm 13. Take a wild guess. I don't know ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    Alright, that works. I would say that there are other ways to do this, just like there are other ways to have fun together. But I suppose that works. I'm ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: New York's New Governor

    I don't see a problem, actually. I mean..he's legally blind? So what. He can read and communicate obviously. His disability shouldn't prevent him from doing his job in any sort ...

    Mar 17, 2008


You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese