User avatar

Periwinkle

  • Fantasy Novels Re: God of the Underworld: Chapter 1: (revised)

    When I woke up in the morning, I thought it was just another ordinary day. You know, wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, get picked on all day, and ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Nightshine - chapter 1 (revised)

    I. NITPICKS "The first day of school." I said quietly to myself with a sense of dread . My name is Louis Nightshine. I'm your typical 13 year old eighth ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What bands/artists are your favorite?

    Feist Kate Nash Imogen Heap/Frou Frou Bitter:Sweet Nightmare of You Regina Spektor Ingrid Michaelson MIKA Norah Jones Corinne Bailey Rae Well, I like those because they sound nice? Lately I've ...

    May 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Shiner

    Pinata: Hahaa....thanks. Robin: That's a really interesting diagram. Thanks! Thanks for everything else, too. JFW: Very helpful. I didn't even realize my sentences were that long. You can tell I'm ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Humor of Sanctum

    You have encountered Overbearing Mother which lunges at you with 9pm Curfew! Hahaha...makes me laugh.

    May 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: To Do with Music

    Bright colours flash before my eyes; a thousand smells overwhelm my nose; vivid tastes assault my tongue; and the sounds – the sounds are like a million choirs; the chorus ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    I like normal names. I don't really get into the whole match the personality to the name or Japanese-inspired names. I just like normal (maybe older sounding names like Eleanor, ...

    May 2, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: I'm here to Help

    Hey there! Can I have a review for "The Shiner"? Thanks if you do!

    May 1, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: locked

    I. NITPICKS “Eighteen, shouldn’t you be in school then? It’s Thursday night!” I replied. I’d always been a rule-abiding child and teenager. There wasn’t much to complain about when I ...

    May 1, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Straw Dog

    Review for a Review! I. NITPICKS The way his head slammed against the wall shook the two onlookers. It cracked loudly but he didn’t acknowledge the pain. That’s what scared ...

    May 1, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Shiner

    The hot summer day had turned us into popsicles - two frozen treats sitting side-by-side, excreting sticky perspiration in the way that only forgotten dreamsicles could. And, just like popsicles, ...

    Apr 30, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Austrian Girl Sexually Abused for 24 years

    We talked about that in Global Studies (though I knew about it because I read the thread yesterday). It's so sad. Apparently Fritzl is on suicide watch now:

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: vampire to the death... ch. 1

    seems you added more. :) Sataru froze. Sentri found her neck... the hairs on the back of her neck stood up and her heart beat quickened.He surprised her by kissing ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Reflections, Chapter 1

    I. NITPICKS I’m wasn't sure what the time was as I headed down the dark streets. It must have been late. Admittedly, I was a little drunk. That’s why I ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Nightshine - chapter 1

    I. Showing vs. Telling THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. I thought to myself with a sense of dread . My name is Louis Nightshine. I'm your typical 13 year old ...

    Apr 29, 2008


It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief