User avatar

Periwinkle

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Dad

    I. NITPICKS I’m pretty convinced that my Dad is beginning to go through a sort of early onset of senile dementia. My Mum noticed the first symptoms[s],[/s] when one early ...

    Jul 4, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Only Speak in Song Titles

    "Your Honor" - Regina Spektor

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Iriad (Prologue)

    I. NITPICKS At the beginning, We were there. After we had served our time, They arrived. And then, for a while, there was peace. Quiet and calm. Then, You imposed ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The Quoting Game

    Quote this. Because I'm goody-two-shoes. You get a dime. Prok gets no dime. This is my third attempt. Please, no one beat me to the punch this time. EDIT: Yay! ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Music

    My favorite singer of all time is Regina Spektor. She's just amazing - all of her songs sound so different and they're so poetic and beautiful and her piano playing ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Poison Love

    Prologue "Are you ready, love?" I ask him, clutching his hand. My blood father was ready to drain his blood and replace it with ours. "Yeah. Let's do it," he ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Dont read! Couldnt delete entry!!

    I. NITPICKS “Ravyn we need to talk.” Misaki said to him slowly. Be consistent with his name - it’s either “Ravyn” or “Raven”. “ Well… I wanted to ask you ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Milboukia *Part I* (Rewrite)

    I. NITPICKS My heart picked up its pace as I pushed and squeezed through the crowd. My [I don’t like the repetition of beginning two sentences of “my”] mind became ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Poisoned Roses--Chapter 3

    Oh, no, don't change her. I just meant that about the blue veins because that's a pivotal part of the author's vampire myth - and her appearance just reminds me ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: deleted

    I. NITPICKS As my favorite song danced out of the stereo, I bobbed my head along[s],[/s] [it’s better to just say “I made” and nix the comma] making my way ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Untitled-Teaser [EDITED]

    Listening to the thunder rolling overhead she crawled into her small hideaway to get closer to the window. She looked out at the grey sky with a smile, this was ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Poisoned Roses--Chapter 3

    Hey, Ashley! I read this yesterday, but I had nothing to point out, but now I do! I. NITPICKS And now he is gone and I am alone. I don’t ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Hey, Werewolf and welcome to the forums! I hope you like here! To change your avatar go to hover over "My YWS" until the drop-down box comes up and pick ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Poptart

    I. NITPICKS Jealousy. It rages inside of me. I feel that if people look me in the eyes, they can see a fire burning. You start out with something promising ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Prince of Agharta - chapter one

    I. NITPICKS Rain fell woefully [this isn’t the greatest bit of personification - it’s best to leave out the adverb] , [I think you should use a dash here] the ...

    Jun 10, 2008


But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane