User avatar

PerforatedxHearts

  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo '08 Wordcount!

    Up to 4, 178. Still about 6,000 behind. RAWRRR. But I averaged about 4,000 in 4 days, so I'm happy.

    Nov 6, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Title!

    The Screwup Letters . It's in reference to C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters . And the main character is Alice, after the Go Ask Alice person, but based off of ...

    Nov 6, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post your first NaNoWriMo sentence!

    September 15, 2006 Dear James, Twenty-two. That’s how many letters I had to start, to you, before I gave up looking for the perfect letter. Kinda sad, because I spent ...

    Nov 5, 2008
  • NovMo Archives Re: Post Your NaNo '08 Wordcount!

    2,363 as of right now. I have some legitimate excuses, haha. Hoping to catch up sometime soon. Maybe by the end of this week? I hope so.

    Nov 5, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    I'd...uhm, let them go rampant, I guess. I mean, seriously. Stupid puberty turtles LAWL. XD I'd be seriously freaked out, but honored that MY turtles had to fight evil. Yay. ...

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: When is the perfect weather?

    When everything's cold and sloshy and incredibly pouring/thundering/lightning-display-ing. Because I live in Texas and we are so, so deprived of that privilege. I should just move to England or someth

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    It sounds like an eternal quest for somebody. Haha. Is it fantasy or sci-fi or adventure? I think it's those kinds of titles that needs a really, really good cover, ...

    Aug 8, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Last Summer (Of You & Me)

    This is Brashares' first adult fiction novel. She handles it as well as she did The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series . I think better. The characters are so ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Lock and Key

    Actually, anything is great by Sarah Dessen. The woman's an amazing writer, and she's one of my heroes. This is her latest book. I think I liked Lock and Key ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Books released by this particular agent/company:

    Thirteen Reasons Why and Crank are great books. Crank is a different kind of prose, though. Different format. It sort of reads like a regular book, but it's separated into ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How Much Planning

    Okay, so you said you either do too much planning or too little. And you didn't specify what type of genre you write in. There's a fine line with planning ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writer's Temperament

    It's what I do best. Being a writer isn't about how your personality is, though writers are perceived as being separated from society because they think differently. Of course, it's ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    Ann Brashares. Seriously. I read her debut Adult novel, The Last Summer (of You & Me) , and I absolutely fell in love with her characters and her dialogue and ...

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Good books about writing

    Bird By Bird: Ann Lamott and Stephen King's On Writing . Both are equally hilarious.

    Aug 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: names

    I like to think about my friends and a lot of times I name my characters after them if the personality corresponds and such. And I also like to name ...

    Aug 4, 2008


I drink from the Keg of Glory! Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in the land!
— Josh Lyman, The West Wing