User avatar

Pattycakes

  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Eyes of the Empire Chap. 1

    Very cool story. I liked your opening sequence, the character clearly shows conflict with what he's doing and clearly has a past he'd like to forget. The visions thing was ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Elements chapter 1

    You write really good descriptions! Cool way to frame the prospect of not knowing where you are, of feeling sensations without being able to see them. The little twist about ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Once more... with passion

    The very first sight read was so exhilarating. Every note was there, spelling out a deceptive simplicity in little dots, lines, and sharp tails of ink. The paper smelled better ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Triple Point - Segment 1

    To start, I think this is really good, but since you said you were looking for constructive criticism I'll try to focus on that. the tree was pock-marked from human ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Finding the Wandering City

    I would like to say that the book in this story is one of the cooler plot devices I've seen in a while. The first time I read the transcription ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Worlds beneath our feet

    Everything and everyone he'd seen lately had been obsessed with the act of flight. Eyes were drawn upward as the next mechanical beast of the sky floated, flipped, skipped, or ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Human Bullet

    Very cool. Excellent dialouge and back and forths between the troops. The explosion comes as a shock to me when I'm reading as was a nice touch. The commentary that ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Nectar of the Gods

    I'm not familiar with the source myth so in all honesty, I can't comment on how different it is from the original but... your telling of it made for a ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Sweep and Hold

    From a lecture entitled , 'The legacy of Monroe and current American Policy'' Given by : Professor Albert Hawkins Location : University of Michigan Date recited : February 17, 2004. ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: By Sun, By Moon - Chap. 1

    1. Does it continue to be interesting? 2. Anything you, as a reader, did not like or thought took away from the chapter? 1. Yes but with a caveat. I'm ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Khalilzad in 1995 (chapter one)

    Deleted (primarily for concerns about losing electronic publishing rights and freaking out about its current length and my ability to publish it later). Feel free to PM me if you're ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Ultimatum

    Very tense and dark. Your descriptions are very cinematic and you play well with repetitions of heat and cold, and light and dark. The standoff between the two agents was ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Tangled Up In Blue

    Hey, I really liked this. There was something really raw about the piece and the shifting that I thought worked excellently with the Dylan song you titled it with. Your ...

    Jun 29, 2008


Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain