User avatar

Ofour

  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of the Flies

    The lessons would not reflect how good the book is. I agree that it is annoying to pore over a book endlessly picking out every tiny detail, but this doesn't ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who had the happier ending? (LOTR)

    Frodo was happier, being in a kind of heaven with all the elves and wizards. But I think that the happiest person at the end would be Sam, he had ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Mortal Engines Quartet by PHILIP REEVE

    Why the annoying font? But I will agree that these were good books. I read the first three, but began to feel as if the author was dragging it out ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of the Flies

    William Golding's portrayal of the real nature of human beings is something you will never forget. What struck me about it so much was that it was so true, I ...

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Classics List Nominations

    The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov, I'm not sure if the last one was written in time for this, but the first few definitely are.

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 100 Outrage!!

    Why do I see no Asimov?

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Harry Potter

    When I read the books for the first time I thouht that they were very good. However, I then went on to read a large collection of Robert Westall, some ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    From your logic you would deduce that anything that is more sophisticated cannot be praised because it would be "intellectually snobbish". The reason LOTR is better is because its so ...

    Apr 8, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: RedWall Series

    Its not old, the author is still writing more in the series. I liked it very much about 5 years ago, however, I must agree with Mad. There is almost ...

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    Urn Burial - Robert Westall. It made me feel so guilty.

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Parents thought, subconciously, of someone in the news, then thought "Hmm. I'm wearing jeans." and hey pesto (yes, pesto) you have a name. Dick

    Mar 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inspiration

    The world. 'Tis a pretty big place. And Life. Lots happens, all the time.

    Mar 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Airborne by kenneth Oppel

    I cannot remember the plot exactly because I read it a while ago but I do remember enjoying it a great deal.

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Music and Writing

    If the music you are listening to contains words then a part of brain immediately diverts to recognising those words. Thus the best way to write well and attentively whilst ...

    Mar 8, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: stormbreaker

    They're alright but... He always somehow manages to miraculously survive. He always saves the world in just the nickiest of nicks of time. Child versions of James Bond aren't very ...

    Feb 20, 2007


I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman