User avatar

Ofour

  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    I was sitting on a bench, next to a turd.

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy vy Jonathon Stroud

    Pure gold, this trilogy; awe-inspiring. A monolith of originality and style in the fantasy genre.

    Aug 28, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Your Boat Is Sinking And You Have Thirty Seconds To Evacuate

    Wimpy choices: Life raft, water, grain, signal flares, one-way radio. Boring. Better choices: Life raft, parachute, rope, knife, signal flares. Attach the parachute to the raft using the rope and ...

    Aug 18, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    "If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how ...

    Jul 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: I Just Read ERAGON and ELDEST!

    Maybe you should read the other Eragon thread. I think it's five pages of bashing posts, it should give you some things to think about.

    Jul 17, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Any1 ever heard of The Edge Cornicles

    I thought all of them were great, very original. They could teach up-and-coming fantasy writers how to stand out from the crowd.

    Jul 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    People don't like Artemis Fowl, Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm??????????????????????????? Wow. I agree with Jasmine Hart, if I don't like it to start with I tend to ignore ...

    Jul 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    I really liked the fact that Artemis is initially so despicable, it's completely original.

    Jul 9, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Speak for Yourself

    Hello people in this, y'know, place thingy. I was just walking by over... erm... there? Yes. there, 'n I saw this and thought what a great idea because it's not ...

    Jun 30, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    I really need to read that book. Ironic, isn't it?

    Jun 24, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    Great series; cracked the code on the second book easily enough, but couldn't do the first as easily so I didn't bother. The last book was great, I didn't think ...

    Jun 24, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    I have, and I agree about the films, but surely no-one would make any judgements without reading both? Surely?

    Jun 23, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Some More Portraits (yes, it is all i can draw)

    They're great, but one eye is bigger than the other on the angry one.

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    "are people looking for reasons to hate the guy?" - they're not looking for reasons to hate him because they already do (at least, that's what I've picked up from ...

    Jun 6, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    "Cos it really isn't a common Fantasy convention at all" - it isn't in my experience, maybe I need to read more books. "why is everyone looking for reasons to ...

    Jun 4, 2007


One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World