User avatar

Ofour

  • Lounge, The Re: Exams Exams Exams!

    "Maths" is an abbreviation of "Mathematics", it retains its plural form. I'm just getting started on 23 GCSE exams for 11 subjects, Yay! Next year I'll be doing Maths, Further ...

    May 17, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: One Billion Bulbs Campaign

    It's actually cheaper to use energy-saving ones in the long run, so why not!

    May 13, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do we really exist?

    "Absolute subjectivity is like locking oneself in a box, throwing away the key and shouting that all one can be sure of is the dark. Because, of course, there's nothing ...

    May 10, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do we really exist?

    "Do I exist lol is that a joke . yes" - you could be but a product of my schizophrenic imagination, there is no proof in the whole world for ...

    May 10, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Philosophy in teh house.

    If I told my parents that I was having trouble with my faith or religion and needed some time out or something, they would support me completely. However, if I ...

    May 8, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Spanking children. Discipline or abuse?

    "I never said anything about ENJOYING spanking," - that was an additional statement of mine which had nothing to do with your post.

    May 1, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Spanking children. Discipline or abuse?

    "How much experience do you actually have wiht small children?" - it could may well be that, being younger, HITC has a greater understanding of the child mind (no offence ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Spanking children. Discipline or abuse?

    "By spanking a child the parent is teaching them that violence is acceptable" - not so. It teaches them that what they just did was wrong. A child then associates ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Philosophy in teh house.

    I believe that it is possible to present your views with persuasive arguments to a non-chrisitian if you are a christian without going "You are inferior if you do not ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    "I think it's really important to know why you believe something" - isn't that reason enough to believe something, because it feels right to do so. The reason for my ...

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    "But why do you feel that way?" - I cannot explain, I just do. Call it a conscience or whatever, it just clicks somewhere in my brain.

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: So I'm going to wear a uniform...

    I've had a uniform all my life, and it had never really bothered me, although home-clothes days are a nice change. They do give a sense of formality at school ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    I do not believe it is. But to me, it makes sense, so I believe it. I do not believe it because of the age or reputation of a book, ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    "Sex is the ultimate expression of love, happiness and devotion, and to say it is sinful unless within the constraints of some relatively arbitrary institution is just dumb." - sex ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: IT'S ALIVE!

    Dammit! Sureal already said it.

    Apr 23, 2007


You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken