User avatar

Ofour

  • Lyric Poetry Re: The bird in the tree.

    You repeat bird, song, heavy, breaking, white, uncaring, moon, sorrow, white (again), uncaring (again) and moon (again). Buy a thesaurus and "perpetuable" is not a word, try "perpetual". Apart from ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Life by Haiku

    There really isn't much room to write anything inside this little...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • General Fiction Novels Re: My New Idea

    Didn't seem to head anywhere to me. You repeat "pen" in the first line and "writing" in the second line. The colon on line 3 should just be a comma. ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favourite Fantasy Writer

    Johnathan Stroud - The Bartimaeus Trilogy is brilliant, funny, original, well written etc. Alison Croggon - Amazingly well though out Pellinor series, also very original. H G Wells - The ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Nice, Gambler, that was perfect. "Once upon a time in a happy, nice, good, fun, joyful place the smurfs were dancing and smiling..."

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    Animal Farm - George Orwell The Time Machine - H G Wells The Gift - Alison Croggon Schotts Original Miscellany - Ben Schott Foundation and Earth - Isaac Asimov (or ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: A Sweet

    Sordid puncturing describes it best, A matter of confliction. Not once in many years gone hence has Failed our loyal conjunction, As monotonic interjections, Layered with vilest remorse, Cut right ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Duck

    I think its beautiful the way this flows. The rhythm works brilliantly. The rhyme scheme matches the rhythm and aids the fluidity of the piece. I think it's great.

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ice Castle

    I like the style, short and icy. I don't think that the hyphens in the first stanza are necessary. I really enjoyed it.

    Feb 7, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: An Inevitable Conclusion

    good point. naughty me. [slaps hand]

    Feb 3, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: An Inevitable Conclusion

    That is precisely the effect I wanted the piece to have. There is no replacement for the ellipses and the " shows that the whatever-it-is exists, whereas the second " ...

    Feb 3, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: An Inevitable Conclusion

    An Inevitable Conclusion “I am. I exist. Why? Why do I exist? Do I have a… reason? I exist to know I exist? No. That is incorrect. If I did ...

    Feb 3, 2007
  • General Articles Re: Fly Swatting

    Perfectly ridiculous and eloquently so, as always. I loved this, the idea is so absurd that I can do nothing but stutter in disbelief.

    Feb 3, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My first short story

    Brilliant picec. Claudette: I think you are being too harsh. To start with the sentence with the four -ly words is a long sentence and does not sound strange at ...

    Feb 3, 2007
  • General Articles Re: The Joys of Indoor Golf

    Hilarity at its finest. One can say no more but can wonder a your abstract absurdity.

    Feb 2, 2007


the heart is the best part
— soundofmind