User avatar

Ofour

  • Writing Activities Re: Excuses

    Teacher: Where's your assignment? Student: What assignment? Teacher: The one I set you last week. Student: You never set an assignment, perhaps it was in your mind? Teacher: No, I'm ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    "As far as I'm concerned, there is no definite right or wrong answer. And to say with absolute certainty that one is better than the other, without any room to ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Necropost Day

    Heehee. Why Necropost? Sounds pretty... goth? The bumping idea isn't a bad one, it would be good to see old posts put to the front, rekindle old arguments, but I ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Existence of God

    If I think about evolution and what I have learned about it I agree with it, it makes sense and there is decent evidence to support it. But if I ...

    May 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Your passions?

    Maths, cooking (especially brownies) and Sudoku.

    May 23, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Atheism

    Is it more illogical to say that everything that exists was made by an all-powerful being who knows and sees all or that it all suddenly exploded out of an ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Covert The Heathens!

    I find that I get annoyed, and others too, when someone tells me to do all these brilliant morally correct actions when they themselves are just as bad as me, ...

    May 22, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Why?

    So, you're not an emo, but you describe yourself as... an emo. Hmmm... Oh dear

    May 21, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Exams Exams Exams!

    "Yeah, I think you may find 5 full A Level subjects kindda hard to cope with." - it's a challenge, plus, maths, further maths and physics overlap a lot.

    May 20, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: BAN FRED!!!

    If he annoys you, ignore him.

    May 19, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The Atlantis' Seal (GP poem)

    " I don't really know what it's exactly about, simply because, no offence, I got bored stupid." - you'd have to read Geezer's Property. The poem was good, it seemed ...

    May 18, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: God and war

    "Humans fight. They kill. And why does God allow it?" - free will, he allows us that and we misuse it.

    May 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Your opinion of Paolini....

    11. Such an enormous anti-Eragon community tells me that his books can't exactly be amazing.

    May 18, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Nonmeides

    :(

    May 17, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Exams Exams Exams!

    "Maths" is an abbreviation of "Mathematics", it retains its plural form. I'm just getting started on 23 GCSE exams for 11 subjects, Yay! Next year I'll be doing Maths, Further ...

    May 17, 2007


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch