User avatar

Nightshade

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Coal Mining- For or against

    Here's an article that does a fairly good job of looking at the current reserves for oil, natural gas and coal. It's definitely worth checking out: Peak Uncertainty, When Will ...

    Feb 5, 2012
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: tv in the kitchen

    our blood was burnt in a pot on the stove the rats turned their noses from us we broke vases on their heads and we stirred our blood when it ...

    Dec 17, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you support the Occupy Wall Street movement?

    Lad dear, that's nearly offensive in the light of the Arab Spring. Life sucks and then you die, but don't expect any pity from me when you have a couple ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you support the Occupy Wall Street movement?

    I consider OWS to be the most inspiring political act I've seen in my lifetime. I remember reading Slaughterhouse Five and coming across this section: "America is the wealthiest nation ...

    Nov 20, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Integration

    I spent hours staring at the limit as x approached infinity, tried to grasp between two fingers something untouchable by a million a billion a trillion. I calculated the area ...

    Nov 12, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: *Topic removed*

    Hi GoaGreena, I liked this. In poetry there is the concept and the delivery. The best poets combine both to create something deeply effective for the reader, but for most ...

    Nov 12, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: it's all melted away.

    Hello there, This is a nice piece you have. It's one of my favorites I've read in a while, actually. As a result, I don't have quite as much to ...

    Nov 5, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: The Good Music Blog #3

    The third link is broken. Here's an alternate: Florence + the Machine - Spectrum

    Oct 29, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Hierarchy

    Sometimes, fired by cable news and online discussion boards, I imagine a war, where everyone is dead. And everyone else is starved and soon to be dead. And I know ...

    Oct 25, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: I

    Your lips are tight at the corners, pursed with silver coins and prepositions. "I love the way you touch between," you say. "Between what?" I ask. But you don't answer. ...

    Oct 22, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Walking Home

    Hello eastarcher, I'm going to echo Mustard's first point and suggest that you never lead with a disclaimer like that. The first thing I saw when looking at this poem ...

    Oct 21, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: With Love, From Albany

    Hello there, Lumisir. I'm going to get the unpleasantries out of the way first, ok? Each time I read this, I like it less. Now that I've read it 5 ...

    Oct 6, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: sincerity

    An interesting little bit. It held my interest throughout, which is pretty rare, although it didn't give me a whole lot to remember it for either. It feels like a ...

    Aug 18, 2011
  • Other Re: If you're talking to the moon

    Some language On the balcony, I asked the moon how much time I had left, and it looked at me and said, "I'm the moon. What do I care about ...

    Aug 16, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I, between memories and dust

    Impressions: - A whole lot of active 1st person for a poem where the speaker is voiceless and passive - "God", "I", and "nature" all so separate? why? - Everything ...

    Aug 3, 2011


People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage