User avatar

Nightshade

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Watch Them Bleed (English Sonnet)

    Hi River, nice poem. I really liked the staccato, forceful rhythm that this was written with. It did a good job of emphasizing and enhancing the content. I also particularly ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Little Bitty Moments

    This is a refreshingly original love poem. It's always an accomplishment to write something like this without falling into cliche, and you've done it perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the line: ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: So Bradford Wrote

    I've always loved acrostics even though they're looked down on by the majority of the literary world :) This poem isn't particularly earth-shaking, but I don't think it was meant ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Why we Love (Beauty in the Binding)

    I agree with all of Quibbler's points. If you want this piece to stand out among the millions of musings about love being a puzzle, you'll need to work really ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Virtues of the Damned

    This is a very well done poem. Your word choice is excellent and I loved the idea of the descending list of flaws. The rhythm and flow you have here ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: When the Sisters Come Out

    I wasn't able to pull much out of this poem. There are just too many unknowns to really understand what's going on. Who is "you"? Who is the narrator? Why ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Kissing under twilight

    I liked this a lot. The writing does a great job of conveying emotion, and there are a lot of unique images and descriptions in here. Like writewatiwant, I felt ...

    Nov 13, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Campfire

    I enjoyed this. I've always loved forest imagery, and you do a good job of painting a picture with your words. I was somewhat disappointed with the last three lines ...

    Nov 12, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter Two- Not Here

    This story has continued to hold my interest. There are some subtle things in this chapter that I really appreciated. The transition between the old man being mysterious and and ...

    Nov 12, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Silver Lake

    Thank you for the reviews. Now that I've looked back at it, I completely agree with the comments on the woman's story. It was an attempt to make her seem ...

    Nov 12, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Summer My Love

    Hi Ben, welcome to YWS. I would suggest trying this poem without a rhyme scheme. While reading it, I frequently got the impression that you were focused more on rhyming ...

    Nov 12, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: This World We So Love

    You have a good idea here, but this poem didn't do it for me. Your enjambment didn't seem to serve a purpose and ended up making the poem choppy to ...

    Nov 11, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter One- Not Here

    You are quite talented with description. Your writing allows the reader to completely visualize everything that is happening. I particularly liked how you described the night itself as being bruised. ...

    Nov 11, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Frost

    I walk past the park where children laugh and take my leave from the city street. With my face and hands buried in my coat, I can't help but wonder ...

    Nov 11, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: When the Clouds Pour out

    You have some really interesting ideas and images in here. The sorrowful umbrella and waterfall of crystals really stood out to me as being unique. The last line's wording felt ...

    Nov 11, 2010


Every time I’ve gotten feedback that was hard to take it was usually hard to take because there was truth in it and I didn’t like that (or didn’t want to receive it). That’s not to say all harsh feedback is good or that we should be harsh for harshness’ sake, but learning to absorb truth without letting it break your inner core/break you is a lifelong skill that keeps your mind elastic and open to learning.
— soundofmind