User avatar

Nightshade

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: It's watching you undress

    First I'll go over spelling, grammar and wording. A dark shadow haunts you. It knows your adress. (address) It's been watching you undress. (I would get rid of the contraction ...

    Nov 22, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: OmniCorp Botanical Complex #17

    Overall, I liked this poem. Your imagery was very effective, and as Ben said, it made me feel like I was in the poem. Your rhyming did a good job ...

    Nov 22, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Freeze

    This was a really interesting piece. The way it played out was almost stream-of-consciousness, but it was far more poetic than any SOC piece I've ever seen. The combination of ...

    Nov 22, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Keys

    I enjoyed this poem a lot. It has an interesting flow and does a great job of being both poetic and meaningful. I typically don't like rhyming in poetry, but ...

    Nov 22, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Wannabe Good Guy

    I really liked this poem. It has a lot of very interesting ideas and its structure and style are very unique. I especially liked how you opened it. The tone ...

    Nov 22, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Sex In Books (Opinion)

    I almost completely disagree. Sex has been demonized for hundreds (or thousands) of years without good justification. It's sad that people would call it disgusting when in reality it is ...

    Nov 21, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Bubbling Light

    I liked your metaphor and how you developed it. There were also sections that flowed very nicely and reflected the water itself, as Niki said. However, you broke your rhyme ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Deaths Shadow

    Like seeminglymeaningless, I would definitely suggest breaking this poem down into smaller lines. Also, look through your poem and see how many times you used the word "I". Your sentence ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Death Alley

    I liked the style and imagery you employed in this piece. The idea of a back-alley murderer being a metaphor for a heart-breaking boy is pretty interesting. The first stanza ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Skysea

    This poem paints a very cool picture. You have a lot of good imagery and unique description packed into a very short poem. The last two lines felt a little ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: I died with a smile on my face

    My life was over from the beginning But then my eyes saw you (these first two lines are a bit sappy and cliche) That simple and yet mysterious smile I ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Disappear

    I really liked this. Your imagery and style are very unique and do a great job of capturing and holding interest. The only place I really have any criticism is ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Life's Questions

    I like where you're going with this, but it needs some work before it can be a really effective piece. Try sitting down and thinking for a while about exactly ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insidious Eyes

    This poem didn't really work for me. It seemed to get so lost in its own misery that it forgot to say anything. This section particularly confused me: I'll beg ...

    Nov 19, 2010
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Through My Skin

    I thought this poem was nice, but not really exceptional. It was well worded and held my interest, but I had seen it all before. I did like the second ...

    Nov 19, 2010


I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro