User avatar

Nightshade

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Adoption Not Abortion!

    Pluralism is not, does not require, and does not necessitate, relativism. I don't think an argument is being made for relativism though. The truth (or lack thereof) has nothing to ...

    May 3, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Adoption Not Abortion!

    If I said an anarcho-libertarian shouldn't lobby for bigger taxes on the free market, I'm not policing them, I'm referring their actions back to their professed belief system and comparing ...

    May 2, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Accidental Racist

    People still wear swastikas, and don't get nearly as much flack as someone wearing a confederate flag-- and the only thing that the Holocaust was for was to eliminate Jews. ...

    Apr 11, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Artificial Food, boon or curse?

    What is artificial food?

    Apr 9, 2013
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Welcome to the Grand Re-opening of YWS

    Reason, have you heard of Kickstarter ? It's a site where people can contribute money to developing projects. Most projects have some sort of tiered reward system for different sizes ...

    Mar 28, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Racial Identity

    A common experience of mine is being in a class and the teacher asks us as an icebreaker: what's your culture? Sure enough, whenever the white kid answers, she says ...

    Mar 10, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Separate but Equal?

    Reason, I completely agree with your argument about the differences between Pigeon's and the player's statements, which is why I was careful to point out that the implications of his ...

    Mar 1, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Separate but Equal?

    I'm not really seeing how his discomfort is different than say, Pigeon's stated discomfort with the idea of sharing a bathroom with men. Discomfort about being vulnerable in front of ...

    Mar 1, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Help me out.

    When I last read about it, ripping streaming audio was in a murky place as far as legality. Maybe someone who is more up-to-date/legally inclined can offer more information about ...

    Feb 21, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Feminism, Tolerance and Sex in a Secular Society

    Snoink's original post brought up a point that didn't get a lot of discussion: - While she and Richard Dawkins clearly support feminism, they appear to support different types of ...

    Feb 1, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Minecraft

    I used to play a ton. I should check it out again since it sounds like there have been some cool updates. I ran a couple of my own small ...

    Dec 9, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Morality: Is it right to kill one person to save many?

    Legal guilt can easily be replaced by conscience guilt. The way I understand it, the question is focused more on what is right than the what will be the easiest ...

    Nov 16, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: U.S. Election 2012 Results

    Like Ink, I voted Jill Stein, so I felt a little detached watching the presidential election results. I'm not a fan of Obama, although I prefer him to Romney. I ...

    Nov 9, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Feminism, Tolerance and Sex in a Secular Society

    I just don't really understand why my position is so hard to understand. I get why you might disagree with me, but I'm not sure if I'm just communicating badly ...

    Oct 29, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Feminism, Tolerance and Sex in a Secular Society

    I personally feel this way, so, while I do not want this thread to be derailed into a discussion of the matter, I would like to request that you avoid ...

    Oct 26, 2012


One of the things I love about YWS is the quote generator. For example, I'm reading a really serious work, and then I see "Moo. - cow" at the bottom of the page.
— Darlet