Random avatar

Niamh

  • Media Reviews Re: The Silmarillion

    I liked the Silmarillion better than the trilogy as well. It has so many ties to Norse mythology, which made it even better for me because I'm a Norse mythology ...

    Aug 24, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Sorry, forgot to post my question: What personal quality of your own are you proud of?

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "Happiness comes from being content with your standing, however low it may be." -Zakiya Mkombozi

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    Once you're through the death scene, release your anguish through another character, just try to keep them in character. That's great advice. I finally brought myself to write the scene ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Myth's Portfolio

    It would make a cool tattoo, especially since you created it. Your drawing are great, especially the one of the hand. I have trouble shading hands properly, which I wish ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    It's good to know I'm not being wierd then. :) It always makes me feel morbid to write the brutal scenes, even though in my historical fiction, they are necessary.

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    I was wondering if any of you get attatched to your characters as well? I definitely do, and in my story, it has come to the point of where my ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "Yes, within the bilge of the ship during my transportation to Barbados, the water rose quite high." -Sadhbh McCann --- Is freedom connected to peace?

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Impression in a Sentence

    "He embodied the Irish spirit, clever and resilient, and enduringly warm." --A Description of Faolàn from my story, 1649. I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings, (I used ...

    Aug 7, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    Currently, this is my favorite poem, by Ella Young: A Song that Aibric made for Fionavar Gold leaves and leaves of silver On every tree White lilies in the lake-water-- ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    Of Mice and Men is probably the most disturbing and depressing books I've ever read. I don't know why Steinbeck felt compelled to write such rubbish--you become attatched to the ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Have you tried searching for any of his books in the library? Only in mu school library, but I'm going to try ordering the book off of Amazon this weekend, ...

    May 11, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'd be lucky to find anything by Sean O'Callaghan. I've been searching for To Hell or Barbados for almost a month now, ordered it twice, and got my order cancelled ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm about 28 pages in The Da Vinci Code (haven't had any time to read recently), and am about to start Septimus Heap: Flyte, the second book in the Septimus ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: My take on an Oscar Winning film:

    I don't have photoshop or anything, so that's why it's so sloppy--but I was bored and put it together with paint--whatever it's called. I'm glad someone caught the joke instead ...

    Apr 13, 2006


That smells like the inside of a tropical rainforest.
— Yoshikrab's friend