Random avatar

Niamh

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Thanks for reading again. Yes, I revised it. That is a good idea for the flashback, unfortunately I have tried it, and it still sounds very out of place. This ...

    Jul 26, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Lorraine Thellois.

    Very disturbing, but nicely written. Everyone has pointed out the errors, so I will just say that it is a great story, even though it creeps me out. Is there ...

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Sunset

    Beautiful, and the rhyming was maginificent, except for perhaps the last line. If you could find a more appropriate way to end the poem, it would be perfect. But despite ...

    Jul 24, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    This story deals with both racism and religious predjudice. All views expressed are solely that of the characters, not me, for I stand in every way against bigotry, and have ...

    Jul 23, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Have you tried searching for any of his books in the library? Only in mu school library, but I'm going to try ordering the book off of Amazon this weekend, ...

    May 11, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'd be lucky to find anything by Sean O'Callaghan. I've been searching for To Hell or Barbados for almost a month now, ordered it twice, and got my order cancelled ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm about 28 pages in The Da Vinci Code (haven't had any time to read recently), and am about to start Septimus Heap: Flyte, the second book in the Septimus ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: The Plague Driven. Prologue

    I really liked this--the plague is an interesting subject, and I think through your choice of words, you give an accurate temper to the story--dark and dank and miserable--I would ...

    Apr 25, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Lord of Thunder

    I'm a freak about Norse mythology too. My favorite story is that of Hoder and Balder. What about you?

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    Is your real name Muir or Murchadh by any chance?

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 1994.

    I really did love this. There's nothing that needs to be fixed. I don't know what more praise I can offer--I just think it's brilliant.

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Lord of Thunder

    I've told you before how much I love Vikings, and I thought this poem was brilliant, because it embodies who Thor was--or who the Norse believed him to be. Don't ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: What your name means

    Niamh, in Irish mythology, was the Queen of Youth in Tir-Na-nOg. She married Oisin, one of Finn McCumhail's sons, and he was the first mortal to ever enter Tir-Na-nOg. The ...

    Apr 14, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Where Lies the Ocean

    Revision now posted.

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: My take on an Oscar Winning film:

    I don't have photoshop or anything, so that's why it's so sloppy--but I was bored and put it together with paint--whatever it's called. I'm glad someone caught the joke instead ...

    Apr 13, 2006


In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening