Random avatar

Niamh

  • Lounge, The Re: pirates of the caribean

    He was great in both, but you cannot beat Captain Jack. He's probably one of the most brilliant and original characters I've ever seen. The sequel definitely matched my expectations. ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: pirates of the caribean

    He was great in both, but you cannot beat Captain Jack. He's probably one of the most brilliant and original characters I've ever seen. The sequel definitely matched my expectations. ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Earth - I. River

    This was beautiful. I love anything connected to nature.

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    Currently, this is my favorite poem, by Ella Young: A Song that Aibric made for Fionavar Gold leaves and leaves of silver On every tree White lilies in the lake-water-- ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    Of Mice and Men is probably the most disturbing and depressing books I've ever read. I don't know why Steinbeck felt compelled to write such rubbish--you become attatched to the ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Queen of the Harpies

    You already know how much I like this story (I commented on it at the Society Revisited) so I'm just going to compliment your work again. The minor revisions make ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Cosmopoliton Cover Queen

    The word for this would be provocative. It unfortunately encapsulates much of what people experience--or expect--of their 17th year. The prose is beautiful. Poetic writing is of the best sort. ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Atlantis - ish

    Very interesting. I think you have an excellent start, and it will be better once you perfect your descriptions, because somewhere like Atlantis deserves a vivid depiction. Are the names ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Girl Sues School Over Confederate Flag

    This absolutely should not be allowed. I don't care what else the Confederate flag stands for--many will see it as a symbol of racism, (I only see it now as ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • General Articles Re: On War

    This was excellent. You're opnions are very visible, and it is easy to read without feeling monotonous. The only suggestion I can give that I think would improve this is ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    “We best gather our things,” affirmed Faolán glumly, rolling up the blankets from the floor. That process did not take long, for the McCann’s owned very little: a few pieces ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Founderstone

    My goodness, you have such talent! The writing could not sound more professional, and in all honesty, I can't find anything that should be changed. I only suggest that you ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Copperheads in my Kitchen

    The ending was very powerful, but I have to admit, through most of the poem, I didn't understand what you were talking about. That's not to say it wasn't well ...

    Aug 2, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Guttersnipe (updated: 10/19)

    I don't have anything to correct. This story is very interesting--I haven't yet grasped exactly what it is about, but I can't wait to read more.

    Jul 31, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Perhaps this revision will make the flashback less foggy.

    Jul 31, 2006


Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda