Random avatar

Niamh

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    Thanks for reading, Poor_Imp. I can't think of a more rewarding comment than to be compared to Tolkien. He was a master--and though I'm not a Lord of the Rings ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Homework Help Re: history

    Too bad your essay was probably turned in a long time ago. Cromwell and I happen to be utmost enemies--I could have helped you. :)

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: summer soundtrack?

    Pretty much the same music as I always listen to, though I tend to listen to less opera in summer.

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Most Disturbing Films

    "Of Mice and Men" was just as disturbing as the book. "Awakenings" was just plain sad. Not so much disturbing as plain heart-wrenching. "Escape From Sobibor" definitely one of the ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    And i can't even describe how often i have felt trapped by the rhyme scheme into saying something i don't really want to say. That captures about how I'm feeling ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Nymph, the Spirit, and the Bird

    This story holds such amazing potential! Not to say it isn't already very good, but it has room for some small improvements. I absolutely love the connection to nature within ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    Thanks for your points--though I don't really understand the purpose of points. Are they just so we can post in the randomness/lounge sections? Anyway, thanks so much for reading. Shun--it's ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    Thanks for reading. I agree with that the rhyming scheme could use quite a bit of work, but I still want to keep the rhyming. It makes the story flow ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: what happened in your dreams?

    My dreams are either inexplicably odd, or completely plain and monotonous. For example, I once dreamt I found two kids and a horse in my oven, and when I set ...

    Aug 7, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What type of music do you listen to most?

    I like traditional and modern Irish and Scottish music. I'm predictable. I really hate oldies and rap. But most of all oldies.

    Aug 7, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Impression in a Sentence

    "He embodied the Irish spirit, clever and resilient, and enduringly warm." --A Description of Faolàn from my story, 1649. I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings, (I used ...

    Aug 7, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    This could definitely use some work. It’s something I’ve thought of doing for a year, but haven’t tried until tonight. Some of the rhythm is a little bit off—it needs ...

    Aug 7, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Potential

    Creative. The imagery is nice--for some reason, it makes me picture Michelangelo's work. The vocabulary is broad and beautiful. I didn't seem to have a particular rhythm, but overall, very ...

    Aug 6, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Change One Letter

    Live

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Girl Sues School Over Confederate Flag

    First, I never said it was illegal, or against the freedom of speech. Second, I would never make generalizations about any region, and was not about southerners. My grandparents on ...

    Aug 4, 2006


More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes