Random avatar

Niamh

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Eternity in a Grain of Sand

    This was very nicely written, but I have a few suggestions: frankly, it was too damn hard. In a narrative as beautifully written as this, there is little need for ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Soundtrack to Your Story

    This is a great topic. I listen to music to get me into the right mood to write. Sometimes I place a song with a particular scene. It really does ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Thanks to both of you. I appreciate your encouragment.

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Umbrella (contest entry)

    An overly taught piece of night What a great description. This is so original, which is always wonderful to see. It definitely stands out among descriptive pieces. Good job, you ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Thanks, MH. Yeah, I recieved those comments. I've been hesitant to post more for lack of comments, but here is chapter 2 (I have half of this story written already, ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sealed Eyes

    Wow--this really encapsulates the feeling of a dream--uncomfortably familiar and unnatural. I liked it. It's very different from anything else currently posted, which is a good thing. Strawberry blond

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: On Spiritos

    I loved this. It was so simple and earnest, but felt like something any writer could relate to. As I read, I kept choosing favorite parts, but there were too ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Random Sonnet

    This is a wonderful sonnet. The rhyming is perfect, because it does not sound forced, and the words flow very easily, as if it was meant to be read aloud. ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    9/10. Interesting and appropriate to this site.

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "Yes, within the bilge of the ship during my transportation to Barbados, the water rose quite high." -Sadhbh McCann --- Is freedom connected to peace?

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    But of course, she thought to herself His weakness was his devotion So she gave to him a vision Filled with horror and false notion Above all, the Flame desired ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lay of De Harain

    Thank you so much! That was a good explanation. I was pretty sure I knew what inverted syntax meant, but I just wanted to make sure. I really appreciate such ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Masquerade

    Such stunning imagery--this poem is almost perfect. The only thing I can suggest is taking out "you turned me into a liar" and leaving it as " . . . ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Guttersnipe (updated: 10/19)

    Why isn't this already published? It's perfect. I wish I could find something to correct--I can't. The character development is discretely in depth, if that makes sense. You understand who ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Zhaim (sketch/FDWC)

    This is a brilliant character sketch. It's inspired me to try a character sketch myself. I liked the dialogue--I didn't find it hard to read. I also liked the names--unrelated ...

    Aug 8, 2006


I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office