Random avatar

Niamh

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Pugna Pro Patria

    This is very good. It was very interesting, and the tone of your writing and dialogue perfectly fit the time period--it was all very formal. Perhaps the repition was on ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Cinileth: Return of the Prophets

    This has a lot of potential. You definitely have a good start, but there is room for improvement. I hope my suggestions can help you: The snow still fell after ...

    Aug 17, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Soul Dance: Now Revised

    Great imagery--I know you've heard that already--but that's a good thing. I love the last stanza. This isn't usually the kind of poem that would intrigue me, but I think ...

    Aug 17, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: Great Potato Famine

    I'm a potato famine book myself. J/K. I looove the history of the famine. I'm actually writing a story about it too, but it's been on hold lately. For books, ...

    Aug 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Plotting

    I agree as well. I always start my stories with plotting, so I have a basic layout to follow, and then whatever comes to mind can be incorporated to fit ...

    Aug 17, 2006
  • General Articles Re: A Single Offense

    That made me laugh. A good essay--I'm just wondering what your teacher thought of it.

    Aug 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Complex Plots

    That's good advice, from both of you. I hope I can utilize it as well. :)

    Aug 16, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Cynic Speaks

    This is reminiscent of a book on the evolution of philosophy I was reading. I really liked this. No corrections, really. This is a good poem.

    Aug 15, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Thanks for taking time to crit this in the first place. It's very helpful. I understand about detail dumping. What do you think I could do to improve that? It's ...

    Aug 15, 2006
  • Other Re: Rant #1, Sponsored by The Waffle House Democracy

    It seems your outlook mirrors my own. Materialism bothers me. Unfortunately, it is the basis on which most high school students revolve around. Who cares about the environment when we ...

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Fishr's Musuem in a room

    Those are amazing! I collect replicas myself (well, I've started, I only have two) but having the actual pieces from the time periods would be astounding! That's very lucky that ...

    Aug 13, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: ex.tincture

    This is a perfect ode to the Glass Menagerie. I have to say I hated that play, but I love your poem.

    Aug 11, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Chapter Three This could definitely use some work. Chapter 3 This could definitely use some work, namely in the dialogue. The first light on the fourth day revealed what Cahira ...

    Aug 11, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Inscription of Love: UPDATED 8/18/06

    This is a very good story, with perfect imagery, and even better portrayal of Anthony's emotions. But you asked for a critique of your dialogue, and the only comment I ...

    Aug 11, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Strawberry war (title may change)

    What is good about this story is that you say it is a fantasy, but it begins with much more substance than a few dragons and magic wands. We get ...

    Aug 11, 2006


*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits