Random avatar

Niamh

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: La Pais bonita (Historical fiction Contest)rough draft

    Wow, what a great start! I really liked this. Religious persecution is always a topic of interest to me. By the way, this would be easier to read if you ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Inscription of Love: UPDATED 8/18/06

    Okay, to start, this is still great. I'm glad you updated it. But I have a few suggestions: Maybe this is just me, because I'm a freak about making a ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Sorry, forgot to post my question: What personal quality of your own are you proud of?

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "Happiness comes from being content with your standing, however low it may be." -Zakiya Mkombozi

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Girl Sues School Over Confederate Flag

    I am so sorry if I offended you--it was in no way intentional. I get so irritated about how society still accepts racism that I can tend to say irrational ...

    Aug 22, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Girl Sues School Over Confederate Flag

    I don't care what else the Confederacy stood for. How's this for an analogy: When Germany was taken by the Nazis, everyone there was poor and having to scrape a ...

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Girl Sues School Over Confederate Flag

    Finally someone agrees with me. Personally, I think the majority Confederacy were a group of indolent bigots, who sided with slavery because they were too lazy to do their own ...

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Pugna Pro Patria

    The second part has proved to be just as great as the first. Although American history is not really my strong point (I prefer European) I loved this because Henry ...

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: 1649 (Revised)

    Chapter Four Drogheda, Ireland. September 9th, 1649 When dawn broke on the fourth day, Cahira could see St. Mary’s steeple in the distance, a great symbol of hope, for it ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    Once you're through the death scene, release your anguish through another character, just try to keep them in character. That's great advice. I finally brought myself to write the scene ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Myth's Portfolio

    It would make a cool tattoo, especially since you created it. Your drawing are great, especially the one of the hand. I have trouble shading hands properly, which I wish ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: America Hates Athiests

    To me, what someone believes has nothing to do with how good of a person they are. I completely agree with this. I have strong Christian beliefs, but I am ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    It's good to know I'm not being wierd then. :) It always makes me feel morbid to write the brutal scenes, even though in my historical fiction, they are necessary.

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you get attatched to your characters?

    I was wondering if any of you get attatched to your characters as well? I definitely do, and in my story, it has come to the point of where my ...

    Aug 18, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Pugna Pro Patria

    It's definitely not bad for hardly researching. Usually, I stick to European history, but I liked this a lot. I'll be sure to finish reading the rest when you post ...

    Aug 18, 2006


The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin