Random avatar

Niamh

  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Visigoth's Lament

    A little background for those who have never heard about this part of history: near the end of the Roman Empire, the Ostrogoths and the Visigoths, two very peaceful Germanic ...

    Feb 20, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    Thanks, that is really encouraging. About the word "fairy" and "faery," in a way, they have different meanings. Fairy is a very general term. There is no such being that ...

    Feb 1, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    Thanks for reading my story, and thanks for the suggestions. You're right, I will go and modify the story as soon as I can. Slainte! By the way, what language ...

    Jan 30, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Bluebird

    Very beautifully written.

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    BTW, when the story talks about Queen Elizabeth, it's talking about Queen Elizabeth I.

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    This ends a bit randomly, but I'm trying to find the actual story, and not just what I'm making up as I go along, so bear with me. Hopefully I'll ...

    Jan 28, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: MY BEST PRE-TEENAGE SHORT STORY(Rated for a strange reason)

    That is really talented for a ten year old. Very fun to read!

    Jan 28, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Wallet

    I really liked this. It was very ironic. Stories with an ironic twist are always fun to read! That's really cool that you live in India too! Good job!

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What do you think of the new pay-for-posts policy?

    I think it is a great idea, because maybe people will focus more on the writing/critique part of the site.

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Kelpie

    I loved it! I love Celtic Faery myths, and the Kelpie is among my favorite. I really think you caught the essence of what and who the Kelpie is--excellent. The ...

    Jan 28, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: War Movies based on Literature

    Also, The Last of the Mohicans. I really want to read this.

    Jan 26, 2006
  • Research Archives Re: War Movies based on Literature

    All Quiet on the Western Front . I can't remember the author, but the movie has the same name. It is a brilliant, and horribly sad film. I've not had ...

    Jan 26, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    Thanks to both of you for the advice!

    Jan 24, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello, I'm new.

    Thank you both.

    Jan 23, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    Right, so I've unfortunately lost the original version of this (argh) so I've been trying to re-write it, and it hasn't been as successful as I would have liked. So, ...

    Jan 23, 2006


Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs