Random avatar

Niamh

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Dogherty and the Merrow

    (A merrow is an Irish sea fairy. This poem is inspired by the myth of Jack Dogherty and the merrow.) Swim with the merrow to the deep Men's souls in ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: My take on an Oscar Winning film:

    It wasn't supposed to look realistic, I was just being a jerk to the makers of Brokeback Mountain. I don't know how to do any of that stuff, nor do ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: My take on an Oscar Winning film:

    I can't figure out how to post the picture itself, so just scroll down to where it says April, and look. Wow. I'm going to get myself in trouble. [/url]

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Where Lies the Ocean

    Thank you all so much! I'm so excited to see nice comments! Yes, I am taking it further, just slowly, so expect more soon. I hoped that the dialect was ...

    Apr 3, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Culver's Key Updated Again!

    Dùbhlan slammed the book shut, and hastily shoved it under her blanket. Behind her door came another knock. "Yes?" she answered exhasperatedly. "Sorry to disturb you," said Burraidh, opening the ...

    Apr 2, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sans Soleil (short)

    I love this piece. It is vague, but in a good way--a way that keeps the reader involved, and that is important. My theory is simple: She is afraid of ...

    Apr 1, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Where Lies the Ocean

    The revision is now posted.

    Mar 31, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: THE BESTEST STORY EVVAR!!!!!!

    A brilliant work of tragedy. I don't think I can compare anything to this story's greatness.

    Mar 31, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The Egos of YWS

    I couldn't agree more. There was a time once (not here) when a piece of my work, which is still my favorite piece, was verbally torn to shreds. Because I ...

    Mar 31, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Curse of the Cross: A Heathen Fable

    I absolutely LOVE Vikings! I am crazy about Viking history, so I can't wait to read more of this! The grammar could use some work, but other than that, I'll ...

    Mar 29, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Last Day: Trench Warfare

    It's a very good start, trench warfare is always an interesting subject. But the thing about trench warfare is the emotions those involved felt. Therefore I think it is critical ...

    Mar 29, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: A Port In The Caribbean

    This is really a brilliant beginning. The only thing I can comment on, is that a few of the sentences are a little choppy, and I would suggest trying to ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Visigoth's Lament

    Thank you. I do not like my work to sound as if it was written in the present, and I'm glad I have gotten that across. This is all very ...

    Mar 9, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Visigoth's Lament

    No, I'm not going to carry on with it. I like it as it is. I wrote it after I saw a special on the history channel about the Battle ...

    Feb 21, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Ancient Tales: Wind Rider

    This is very interesting. I love that the most ancient of cities are involved. I'm a history dork. Keep going on this story. It's brilliant.

    Feb 20, 2006


There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker