User avatar

NewWriter

  • Art & Photography Re: A fish

    Thanks, guys. I will try cropping it. (And I'd love to go back and take it again.) *sighs* Oh, well.

    Feb 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Broken Glass

    Alright, I'll tell you... This poem is actually a reference to World War II (Hitler era)...sorry if it was not that clear, maybe I need more 'training'. I agree with ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: A fish

    This is a random picture I took at my aunt and uncle's 30th wedding anniversary reception right after I found out it was real fish in the bowl. It turned ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: The Uber Writer's Block Thread

    I've got a major case of writer's block at the moment.:( A few years ago I was so bored in Science class that I wrote a 19-page story. It was ...

    Jan 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Child in the Midst

    Good point. I will do that.

    Dec 14, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: How did you find the Young Writers Society?

    I was Googling something about "how to privately/personally publish your book" or something like that and I got out on a tangent. (Not that I have a book to publish. ...

    Dec 14, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Child in the Midst

    Yah, it's kind of a long prologue; I tried to break it off at a good place. Maybe more of a short story. (Prologue part 2) (I was trying to ...

    Dec 14, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Child in the Midst

    Please scroll down a ways and ignore these parts--there's a full text below. “Little girl, would you lend your brother to me for a few minutes?” The gentle voice startled ...

    Dec 14, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Prologue to Miriam (not yet posted) part 1

    Oops! Posted this in the wrong place. Am reposting in "other fiction."

    Dec 14, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Prologue to Miriam (not yet posted) part 1

    “Little girl, would you lend your brother to me for a few minutes?” The gentle voice startled ten-year-old Miriam and interrupted her thoughts, which mostly consisted of how long it ...

    Dec 14, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Fallen Angel

    I agree a little bit with lucky_duck about the length. It would be polite to keep it a little shorter. BUT--I read this story all at once. If someone has ...

    Dec 11, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: My story. I am a newie.

    I just want to say, don't be discouraged by criticism. I've run into it before, and it only helps you-as long as you don't let it discourage you.

    Dec 10, 2007


Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud