User avatar

Napier

  • Writers Corner Re: Character deaths

    What is the point in novels where the death count becomes too high? Is one death enough? Or do you feel a bloodbath is more satisfying?

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Relationships in novels.

    Try not to make the character's only motivations being in love with eachother. Lack of motivation or backstory or personality traits or flaws are what makes characters boring. Maybe this ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing the last chapter before the story is finished?

    I think it's important to know your ending before you start. How far you go with that idea is up to you, so if that means working from the end, ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Story idea help...

    What about those scrolly news things on the sides of buildings? Like someone could look up and "the important landmark of X has been destroyed." Just, you know, if they're ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Have you ever met a YWSer?

    I've gotten two of my friends to join, and one friend persuaded me to join. It wasn't really persuasion just really: "You're a writer? Me too! Join this site, boy." ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Girlfriends and boyfriends at the age of 10 - 15

    I think it's fine, but sexual relationships are a little too far, not simply because it's against the law, but because someone that age is simply not ready to bring ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do UFO's Exist?

    I think they are almost certainly aliens out there, but I doubt they've ever visited our planet. If evolution is anything to go by (which it probably is) the intelligent ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vegetarianism/Veganism? With or against?

    I just don't really like vegetarians with a "holier-than-thou" attitude. If you're against animal cruelty, that's fine. If you're allergic, or it makes you feel ill, that's fine. If it's ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Atmospheric Soup

    This was great. Intelligently written and flowed amazingly for the most part. I'm sad it wasn't just a little longer, but I guess the conciseness of it all is part ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Randomosity Re: What do you hate?

    Over-aggressive religions, Twilight, Batman and Robin and hipsters. Over-aggressive religions kinda speaks for itself, Twilight is just badly written and dull, Batman and Robin is just a shameful film

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Randomosity Re: The Insult the Person above you unless he is Yoda thread

    The colours of your signature are horribly garish.

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the avatar above you! [5]

    8/10 Awesome cat, but I've seen it before with different recolours and so on

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Archive Re: Angel's Maze

    Milo The vicious Lieu gripped the ghastly Hellor by its neck and forced it to the ground, sword gleaming at the creature's throat. "You're following me," the Lieu, Milo, growled. ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Archive Re: Angel's Maze

    This is my first storybook. Do I post as I please, or is there a turn-based system?

    Nov 20, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Wonderland Philosophy

    “Why is a raven like a writing desk?” Quoth the Hatter, never more. And with flourishes And gestures, He pours some tea Upon the floor. “Time’s up! Time’s up!” The ...

    Nov 19, 2011


Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman