User avatar

Myth

  • Writers Corner Re: Notes on FREAK

    Oh well done, Snoink. And good luck!

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: lil help??

    Hehehe... the reason why there's hardly any first person narratives is because it's harder to write. Not for me, I love to use first person narration when writing historical fiction ...

    Dec 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    If it works for you go for it, experimenting is the best way to get new ideas and such. :D I think I'll try this for short stories.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: lil help??

    Why don't you try writing in the same thing in first and third person? I find it helps me when I can't decide.

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Working Backwards

    See Snoink's starting backwards .

    Dec 21, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: OK?

    RR, that all depends. Does the prologue tell a story? If it isn't important to the rest of your novel/story then you should take it out. I usually go for ...

    Dec 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What's gone wrong?

    Try replacing 'and' with 'as'. Or you can just post it, without knowing what has happened I don't know how to help.

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Anyone try acting?

    I've never tried this. I can't ask anyone to help 'act out' my characters as only few people know I write and my kid siblings aren't interested. I'll have to ...

    Dec 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What do people do besides writing?

    I eat a lot. I also read, listen to music, watch TV (if there is anything interesting on), draw or go outside for long walks.

    Dec 11, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Last Names

    Film credits have the best length of odd surnames if you sit around to watch. ^_^ I thought I was the only one who did that :P I hate using ...

    Dec 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Music

    I only listen to classical music when I'm writing and I have different composers for each story.

    Dec 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Does it work?

    I prefer to do doodles or look through old pieces of work that will never ever get finished, this way I put myself in their shoes thinking, "How would I ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Critiquing Characters

    Shouldn't this be in Writing Tips? I don't know... Anyway, I don't always do the above when critiquing, I guess I'll have to do it from now when critiquing and ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Taking Age Into Account When Reviewing

    I don't know if I've done this but when it comes to my little brothers and sister I sometimes give them really bad comments like, "Don't ever write this kind ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Critiquing Without Interest

    I did this a lot before. Now I just start my critique and if/when I get bored I leave it for later so that when I do go back to ...

    Dec 6, 2006


MMM HYD R A T I O N
— cherie