-
Re: Third Person or First?
I always use third person but for historical fiction I like to use first person, mainly because they are my shorter stories and you can get an impression of what ...
Feb 9, 2007 -
Re: How do you hook someone in?
I usually go for symbolism, it doesn't always work for others, but I love it. Get the reader to become familiar with the setting/world, a common fair can be turned ...
Feb 8, 2007 -
Re: Local Miracle
Sounds interesting. I would probably watch and wait before really saying anything, you can't really judge people or call them names just because they seem to or can 'perform miracles'.
Feb 7, 2007 -
Re: Winning the Battle
I've never thought much about writing a battle scene but this will help an awful amount. Thank you, Jack!
Feb 5, 2007 -
Re: Trident goes for the markets
Best of luck, Trident! Since my first rejection I've been busy writing, hopefully it will go well this time around.
Jan 30, 2007 -
Re: Ways to get ideas of what to write
I already do the above, mostly dreams. I have a lot of freakish dreams and many have helped move a story along. Old pictures help too.
Jan 30, 2007 -
Re: Pushing Up Daisies...
Wigs : Thanks for the encouragment! It always helps to keep the Depression Demons away :mrgreen: Imp : I wonder what this 'new book' would be. As always, I look ...
Jan 26, 2007 -
Re: Within Inclinations of Impishness?
I want to be the first to read Rovvy ! Maybe one day I'll be in line to get an autographed copy :wink:
Jan 26, 2007 -
Re: Pushing Up Daisies...
Where do I start? From the beginning? Here we go: What NOT To Publish : Title : Oracle's Possession Genre : Fantasy Magic, manipulation and meddling mages. This work has ...
Jan 25, 2007 -
Re: Sureal Tiptoeing into the World of Short Story Publishing
Do we even get to see what you send off to publishers? Meaning, are you posting them on YWS?
Jan 25, 2007 -
Re: Proof Reading
What vexes me is the 'i' instead of 'I', no apostrophes, etc. It gives the impression that the writer wrote it only to get it done, as fast as possible, ...
Jan 25, 2007 -
Re: Elein's tries at finishing anything
Hey, you're not the only one starting things without ever finishing them. I think I'll read this Revenge of yours, though I'll have to do it when I'm fully awake.
Jan 25, 2007 -
Re: Jack's Publishing Attempts (Updated)
Good luck with it, Jack. I still need to read it but I'm a little lazy this week.
Jan 22, 2007 -
Re: What thoughts would cross your mind
Where does this take place? Is it sudden or are you aware of this creature lurking about (museum, your backyard or some other place)? Without knowing I'm not sure how ...
Jan 22, 2007 -
Re: Plotting with Excel
I have never used Excel before, until recently, and this is a whole lot better to plot than what I do on Word. Thank you VERY much, Adam! :D
Jan 22, 2007
