User avatar

Myth

  • Writing Tips Re: Pretty Only Goes So Far

    I was always the opposite. I hated writing description of characters and concentrated more on how they behaved what what kind of language they used. People confuse flowery language with ...

    Sep 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter 5 Opening Proving Difficult...

    Sorry it took so long for me to look this over, Dreamy. I like the scene. You introduced Kyra as being care but she doesn't feel sympathetic towards Shan. I ...

    Sep 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting and Ending

    I really hate writing beginnings. I try to put too much into it or sometimes too little that readers start asking too many questions. I would suggest writing up what ...

    Sep 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Development

    Its just what I need to figure out Monessa. By the way, I like how the questions refer to the character as 'her' and then swtiches to 'him'. Thanks Dusky!

    Sep 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Killing Off a Character

    There is only one character that is being killed off but he has to die for the story to work out because of related issues to betrayal. Other than that ...

    Sep 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Dictionary.com sold out! Now what?? I need new writing tool

    I use Word Web Online , it is really helpful and I like the layout.

    Sep 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Looking for a good book?

    Codex by Lev Grossman Fingersmith by Sarah Waters And an old favourite of mine: Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian

    Sep 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Looking for opinions

    That's erm.. pretty gruesome. I can almost picture it. If you wanted the reader to have their own 'image' of what was described by Welcome you succeeded.

    Sep 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Short Assignments

    That's just what I need to do when writing very short stories. So thanks for that, Dreamy.

    Aug 11, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need...To Get...In...The Groove!

    Try techno and classical. Or just a mixture of music you like and don't like.

    Jul 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Commonly confused words updated: 7/27

    I always had trouble with affect and effect. Thanks mini-dictionary :D

    Jul 25, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Witch Hunters Original?

    Is the story based in a fictional world or ours? I've read a book set in our world with witches, vampires, etc, all living in secret and some humans know ...

    May 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: General Writing Tips

    I actually took my time to read all this, especially the grammar and punctuation as I sometimes still have trouble with it. Thanks!

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What is style?

    I've been told I write in a 'simple' style and not use too many big words. I do usually listen to all kinds of music when I write and I ...

    Apr 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    Thanks Snoink! I'll try this will one of my novels which at the moment is going nowhere.

    Apr 24, 2006


We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway