User avatar

Myth

  • Writing Tips Re: Truth to fiction

    I agree with Inertia. Sometimes I do it without realising and then go back to change it as usually it comes out as info dump.

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Conversation help please

    When I'm stuck I go and have a conversation with friends or family members (even if it annoys them) and note down how each person expresses themself.

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Guidelines on Synonyms for Said

    addressed Example: None Use it?: Never! This should NEVER be used for said. NEVER. It just... doesn't work. Address means to communicate with a specific subject, and it is never ...

    Oct 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writer's Procrastination

    I usually do the above most of the time anyway and I'm still undecided about whether WB exists or not. I take time off writing when I feel I have ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles...

    I sometimes pick lines from the piece I'm working on and go from there. After a while I stick to it or change the name.

    Oct 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Objects to Prompt You...

    Is it weird that old people inspire me? And bridges? I love walking along bridges (Blackfriars, Southwark, Tower, London) and I really love watching the waves chop with hypnotic motions ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: First and Third person

    Gazza asked the same question a while ago and here is my reply: Have you read The Bartimaeus Trilogy ? It starts off in first person with endnotes (which I ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Isaacasimovity

    I noticed in The Chair you had these long-drawn sentences and it did meddle with my mind. I suggest reading through whatever needs changing and writing down different sentences that ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Good, the Bad and the Inbetweens

    I'm the Critiquer and a bit of the Pedant sometimes. A great way to look at how some people critique, Jack.

    Oct 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Color Thesaurus

    So many colours... :shock: How about opal? Nice one CL.

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Guess what? FREAK sucks.

    I actually like the edited version.

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: "The Real World"

    My best friend and my kid siblings know. When my parents found out they were not too pleased. They've tried to stop me so I use the computer for all ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Understanding and Finding Voice

    I use voice all the time, sometimes without realising it and other times I add it in. A helpful tip by the way. :D

    Sep 28, 2006
  • Research Re: Angels

    So I wanted to know, what are angels for you? I think angels are there to watch over people. Even if they can't help the person I believe they can ...

    Sep 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Being Critical

    Great tips, Snoink. If I find even one single needless word, it's out. Gone. Disappeared. Deleted. Sent away. Whatever. If it's not strong enough, I change it. If it's too ...

    Sep 26, 2006


“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester