User avatar

Myth

  • Writing Tips Re: I'm Too Lazy To Come Up With My Own Plot Twists

    Monessa struggles to help a dying Sebastian That is very wrong, however: Monessa can’t help but laugh at Sebastian Afraid of change, Monessa avoids success This is more like it.

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: A Winter Surprise

    My school never closed for anything and you had to be there or the school phoned up to check you weren't skiving. Yeah, I missed one day in Year 7 ...

    Nov 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Being Nice

    I saved this on my computer, lately I've sucked at critiquing and I think I ranted once, or twice, but I do hope the writer actually does take time to ...

    Nov 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How Do You Critique?

    Comments/Corrections I use green for comments and corrections--spelling mistakes,questions and things I liked/disliked. Suggestion Sometimes I come across sentences that are hard to swallow or can be

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When writing a novel...

    I agree with 4 and 5. But my characters run free and take charge while I watch chaos wash over everything I've written.

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Avoiding the Passive Voice

    I do that a lot without realising and I hate having to rewrite. I leave it in for my brother to spot them.

    Nov 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: want to publish a story

    You could try browsing through local newspapers or magazines. I would do the same but they don't accept anyone under 21. :evil: Some libraries also have information so you can ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Unruly Antagonists

    I haven't read what the others have said but every one has two sides. There is good in 'evil' people, even if it is a very small part of them. ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: To Rip Apart

    I agree that it is hard. But I have come to know my chapters and characters so well I let them do the writing, I now find editing fun (and ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Starting backwards?

    I've only ever done this once with Curiosity and it worked. But it was a very short storie and the Unicorn is a novel, right? I think it really depends ...

    Nov 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character nams

    O use names that I like. Sometimes they are made up, like Wineberry but it sounds like an ordinary name.

    Nov 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Not Rush

    I couldn't possibly give advice for this. I rush all the time and look back at what I've written the next day, that's when I edit all the bits that ...

    Nov 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    Stephen King's On Writing is a very excellent text. No, really! That was really helpful, I was reading over it during summer.

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Fix a Story

    I admit I get bored over my work once I've finished writing them. No one at home wants to read my work so I get lazy and never bother to ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Logic holes? Please help with my plot.

    I like what you've come up with and sorry I can't be much of a help. It should be interesting to write and good luck with it.

    Oct 27, 2006


Don't sit down and write because you're a writer; sit down and write because you have something to say. And if the sea of ideas isn't flowing, well, just tell me about your day.
— OrabellaAvenue