User avatar

Myth

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Road Not Taken

    “The Road Not Taken?” asked Bruce as his uncle’s car drove past a road which was labeled so. Bruce’s uncle, Mr. Bancrofti answered, “The road is forbidden, Bruce. It is ...

    Sep 21, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Whistler

    "Hmm, yeah that’s very interesting." I said, disinterestedly. Since he is being sarcastic here, how about replacing ‘disinterested’ with ‘in irony’? He frowned into the mirror. "Shut up idio

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Bound for Glory: Our Brethren

    Green = Comment/Correction Blue = Suggestion Black = Review * Mum ignored my question, walked briskly into the sitting room and resumed a spot on the wooden bench, next to ...

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Prelude to Darkness, Chapter 1 (Mild Language)

    I can't add more to what has already been said. With Taro you have him changing personalities, he's protective of his family and then slightly mischevious. I would especially love ...

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Autumn Sheds

    I love autumn and the picture created from reading this.

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Yes, I do, but it would depend on the subject being taught. ~Monessa If you were given a gift by someone you disliked, what would you do?

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Most Disturbing Films

    Off the top of my head, almost any movie that was made from Stephan King was creepy. I hate going to bed after watching one of his movies. After watching ...

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Madame Clarinet

    Wow, what a way to describe playing a clarinet. :D I certainly didn't think like that whilst I played. I liked the repetition of 'silver buttons' and 'minty hot breath' ...

    Sep 21, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: These words...

    Climb the apple tree carefully, Grace. Throw out your hand and watch as the envelope flutters to the ground. I see a llama in the next field charging towards you. ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Untitled-Please tell me if this is a good start.

    Grif has good points towards improving your introduction. Vampires are a little cliche for me, but if you were to make them different to normal blood-sucking, night-timers,etc, you could do ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Oracle's Possession

    *Locked*

    Sep 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Realistic Fiction: Untitled

    I agree with all the above. Posting a short extract doesn't really give a clear picture of what the story is about.

    Sep 20, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Racing Bowler Hat - short story

    “Ok Grace, I guess I will” he said resignedly and wandered off down an isle, the bowler still atop his head. isle should be aisle The persuers face got even ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: I Write Because...

    That or I just like doing it and it'd be too much trouble to change my dreams about being an author now. Same with me. I don't want to be ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: How to Make a Photoshop Avvie

    It does look useful.. but any idea how I could do this on paint shop pro 7 instead..? I have version 9 and you can use Teeeeo's tutorial though the ...

    Sep 20, 2006


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus