Random avatar

MySunshine

  • Lounge, The Re: Purp vs Blue II

    I'm neither blue nor purple, and I didn't really follow it much, but I picked up a few things from posts. Congratulations to both Purps and Blues - I think ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Heyy

    Hey Sarah :D Welcome to YWS! Hope you're enjoying it here so far ^^ Well, just because we frequently hang out here and write doesn't mean you actually have to ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: The Uber Writer's Block Thread

    I have it all the time ... and it last for ages, and I can't really do anything about it, because nothing really helps. Sometimes, though, when I'm stuck on ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Help?

    Same here. The one you want to impress most with your story is (or should be ;)) yourself first. If you don't like it, then there's only a slight chance ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: The Song Thing.

    Summer: 8. Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry 9. Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Poll

    I use an outline as well, because it helps me keep my story straight. It's not detailed, but I jot down what it's about, what happens and where I want ...

    Mar 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: The Ultimate 'I need a name' Place

    One of the sites I frequently go to to find names for my character is thinkbabynames.com. It's a really good site - it has names from different countries and such. ...

    Mar 6, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Tell us the last thing you said in your mind (thoughts)

    I have two thoughts as well: 1. This is so random I like it 2. I'm going to kill myself - I'm soo bored!

    Mar 5, 2009
  • Research Re: If . . .

    Hmm ... could you give us some more background of what the character's like and all that? That'd make it easier for us to think of how your MC would ...

    Mar 5, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: The Song Thing.

    *writewatiwant* 6 is Breathe easy from Blue, I think 10: My immortal, Evanescence 18: Numb/Encore by Linkin Park featuring Jay-Z chipsandguacamollie 3: Kelly Clarkson - Behind these hazel eyes 16: ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: What book are you currently reading?

    For my classes, I have to read "Macbeth" and "The Buddenbrooks" and so far, I definitely enjoy Shakespeare more, even though I don't understand part of it. I'm not reading ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Research Re: If . . .

    Well, the most effective way to blackmail me would be to threaten my family or friends. If your characters aren't criminals in any way, but are dedicated job-wise or something, ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Another newbe.

    Hey Lize (how do you pronouce that? ;))! Welcome to YWS :D I've been to the Netherlands when I was a kid. We always went to the beach :D So ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hola. I'm new. :)

    Hey Ryan :D Welcome to YWS Be glad it's a common name! At least everyone knows how to pronouce it -_- What would your pen name be? ;) Wow, you ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Crying Moon - Preface

    I liked it! It was very interesting to read and I'd love to read more - so pretty please turn this into a series? ;) A few things I've noticed ...

    Mar 3, 2009


Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.