User avatar

Moo

  • Research Re: Rednecking in Europe

    Are you asking about country folk where we live, or just folk in general? There are hundreds of social groups in the UK/Ireland and really the definitions between each are ...

    Oct 21, 2011
  • Research Re: Rednecking in Europe

    Are you asking about country folk where we live, or just folk in general? There are hundreds of social groups in the UK/Ireland and really the definitions between each are ...

    Oct 21, 2011
  • Research Re: Nuclear Fallout

    Since buying the game Fallout NV, I've become more interested in nuclear weaponry and the prospect of setting some stories in a world after a nuclear catastrophe. Problem is, I ...

    Aug 9, 2011
  • Research Re: HELP! HELP! HELP!

    Where I live, they have these things called craic houses. Craic is a colloquial term for a good time where I come from, so unless your story is set in ...

    Jul 3, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Help me name some businesses!

    I agree with Rosey in that I don't think it's particularly important to name businesses. However, if there's a café for example that is a big part of the plot, ...

    Mar 9, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Personality [Question]

    How do you guys figure out character personalities? Sometimes it's something I have no trouble with and others I find it more difficult. I'm having this problem at the moment ...

    Jan 19, 2011
  • Research Re: Irish Culture Research

    First off, is the story set in the Republic or Northern Ireland? I don't mean to be calling you ignorant, but I've met many people who don't actually know that ...

    Dec 8, 2010
  • Research Re: Werewolf/witch Trials

    Thank you! I had found information on trial by ordeal, but I'll think I'll have a short look at Malleus Maleficarum... depending on the content. We'll see how that goes. ...

    Oct 8, 2010
  • Research Re: Werewolf/witch Trials

    So I'm doing a little research on werewolf/witch trials, and I've not had much trouble finding information on it. However, I want to actually know what happens during a medieval ...

    Oct 7, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Dramatic Structure: The Five Essential Parts of Fiction

    This was very helpful, thanks for sharing. :P Oh, just a question. Do you have any particular viewpoint on the portion of the novel that each section should take up? ...

    Jun 23, 2010


Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening