Random avatar

Monarch

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Family.

    I liked this a lot. A very fluid, descriptive poem, and you didn't overuse clichés, which is good. Stanza one: Like the first person, I don't think the first two ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello.

    If you like historical fiction have you ever read Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie? It's not a book set in Medievel times or anything like that ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello.

    Hello, everyone! I'm not even going to try to be creative with this. I don't know what to say or where to begin. I write nonfiction, and hope to be ...

    Sep 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Adonis

    divine contrast: the dark tones of your skin, against a butter yellow polo. strung tightly: the strings of your racket, an extension of your arm beautiful by association. (also me, ...

    Sep 2, 2008


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus