User avatar

Misty

  • Writing Tips Re: Making My Characters Real

    Making your characters real is a magic you'll have to find in yourself. Just write. Just keep at it. If it's really what you love, it'll come.

    Sep 9, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Three Things I Know About Writing

    I'm now an official instructor, and as such ought to be posting instructorly whatsits, instead of coloring in red and green markers on my (pages and pages) of book edits ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: What music puts you in a writing mood?

    Bright Eyes for happy scenes Bright Eyes for sad scenes Bright Eyes for tragic moments Bright Eyes for insane fallacies Bright Eyes for character development Bright Eyes for beginning moments/relation

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Condemnation of Grammatical Poetry

    Brad, You're absolutely hilarious. (And of course, partway right). The line is thin. I'd watch it if I were you. Sometimes you come across as belitting and cruel. Often, in ...

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Condemnation of Grammatical Poetry

    Audience. It's about the audience. I get this. But it's indulgent, it won't help people. You can't help the kids if the kids have no clue what you're saying. I ...

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Hey, Watch a movie. Read end credits. Find Last Name You Like. Easy!

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Copyright Infringment...

    Hey I wondered this now that I'm actually going to be published. But I think we're al pretty safe here. The thing is, it's so easy to take something off ...

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Condemnation of Grammatical Poetry

    Can I say that this post helped no one and annoyed everyone?

    Sep 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Catchy Title

    Meh, I title things from the first moment of conception of an idea. All American Kid, Glass Girl, Mack, whocares...The most recent is The Postman Comes Looking For Us. Does ...

    Mar 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How to get more critiques

    Fantastic. Thank you. *shifty eyed* Although, I hope nobody has a problem with plugging people for critiques...if you ask someone nicely via PM, they will quite often critique it for ...

    Feb 18, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I want advice to start writing well before it's too late!

    Hmmm, it's hard to give advice, since I've never read any of your writing. Be brave, take the plunge and post it! Or, if you want, you can PM it ...

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    Hmm...perhaps I will try NaNoWriMo, when November comes. Its kind of scary I must admit. That's a lot of words. I'll be thinking about a plot now, to prepare myself ...

    Aug 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Getting the Most Out of a Critique

    *laughs* it WAS on RealKids...remember Mallory?

    Jul 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Inebriation

    *laughs* I wish I could help you, lol. I have never had more than a soda myself. But I've seen my friends insanity, and I think it's fair to assume ...

    Jul 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Background Characters + HowThey Can Seriously Screw You Over

    :P Good point Snoink.,..and everyone else. :P

    Jul 31, 2006


"Storybooks and roleplays are just for fun!" To which I say: of course! But why only "just"? Sometimes fun is found in the full-send. Sometimes fun is found in taking it seriously, and aiming to do it with excellence!
— soundofmind