User avatar

Misty

  • Lounge, The Re: The Young Writers Club?

    I've been banned from that sight since July...I think every1 just hated me. I was a little bit more immature back them. *sighs* Yeah but this site is way better! ...

    Jan 27, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Mood Music?

    4. Circle by Plus One 5. Forever by Plus One 6. On Fire by Switchfoot 1. True by Ryan Cabrera ooh la...that's exactly like me! those are some of my ...

    Jan 27, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: couldn't care less

    tiny font, "burn the rich," that's funny. okay...lemme think I like this because it has a really nice flow, and it gives me an awesome picture. The one line i ...

    Jan 27, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insanity...needs much work

    nope. that was like...a sort of half-awake thing where I saw myself looming over the "pool of insanity."

    Jan 27, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Life-a rhyming poem

    ty, great advice you guys.

    Jan 26, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Life-a rhyming poem

    Life By Misty Lynn Ellingburg Life-seems like Somewhere to be without being As though inside a portrait Watching without seeing As though locked inside myself Touching without feeling Something lackin

    Jan 26, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Mood

    I'm...sick...really sick. Like almost throwing up sick. You're lucky you're on the other side of the comp because it's definately contagoius...been around my whole school about three times. oh shoot. ...

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Petition to stop Ashlee Simspon

    it is REALLY sad. And besides, I think both Ashlee Simpson AND Hilary Duff rock...I have all three of the them...and I like them...and they make me happy.

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Possession

    yeah, uh....lemme think. I'm bad at critting poems! :( But, the words that didn't flow (for me) were: Frankenstein, the part about him wrapping himself in cotton wool..and... Well I ...

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insanity...needs much work

    thanks you guys so much for the crit. And here's something I wrote with the same imagery in mind...but different. I don't know if I like it or not. Insanity ...

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insanity...needs much work

    Many tears make the pool The pool of insanity Which holds the empty and the soulless in its grip It feeds off of my blood Which rolls drop by drop ...

    Jan 22, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: The Compliment Thread

    Pera is...oh dear...Pera is a stranger which makes him/her mysterious...yeah, mysterious.

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Room...my novel

    uh, no it's different, very much so. BUt thank you. I only wish that MORE PEOPLE would crit this. :shock:

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: A Letter to a Dead Man

    well to answer your poll *I hate polls* it's not deep. Like sam said, it needs some spice. I didn't feel anything as I read it, just, "wow, another...weird poem." ...

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Mood Music?

    yeah their new one isn't all that grea.t I was disappointed. a lil bit. Like song #2, #7 though

    Jan 20, 2005


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch