User avatar

Misty

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter One revised (it's pretty much the same though)

    It's really good, the story line and general plot drew me in right away, but it needs more description, and less chatting. That's all I caught!

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Intoxication- 13+

    i agree. it starts to get stronger as you keep reading. thats what I wanted it to do. :D

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Thinking of you

    But whoever it is, or whatever you're doing I hope that something somewhere Is reminding you of me This is my favorite part. I really like this poem altogether. I ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: savior

    we always knew you would be the one to save us walking down concrete slabs reciting slam poetry in inverse free-style harmony and you’ve got your eyes tilted just so ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Prose: "Good vs. Evil" (Working Title)

    but his record was spotless; he would not allow a single mistake to poison his record. I would say, "he would not allow a single mistake to poison it," that's ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Intoxication- 13+

    I don’t really know how to feel you, but maybe by feel I mean show you how I feel, I’ve already touched you, and kissed you, like exotic honey from ...

    Mar 29, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Nate's Hypothetical Situation #1

    I wouldn't do it. My uncle has connections with a publisher that's FOR SURE, so why would I risk anything less than actual publishing. Plus, I wouldn't sell my writing ...

    Mar 24, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Pale Moon, Chapter 1: Afina Senin

    Hmmm..well the plot was interesting, I suppose, but I guess it just wasn't my type of story. The beginning and the end were sort of weak, and the writing level ...

    Mar 24, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: M&Ms All Taste the Same, Okay?

    red is best. but they all taste the same :D :D :D

    Mar 22, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: for grant (i.e. prom date)

    I would have liked this a lot better if I was more open to the gay/lesbien thing. As it was, it sort of grossed me out. :( But I'll crit ...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: You're still here

    thanks everyone! Your crit helped a lot. :D I appreciate it. :D

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: You're still here

    How many petitions with underlying scars and broken hearts must you make before you realize: there isn't a point? And how many times will you hole picket signs on the ...

    Mar 17, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Odd Obsessions

    yeah, writer-X, thanks a lot. HAhahahahahahahahaha....that seriously cracked me up. Any of my friends will vouch for me, I'm not fat! And ... hahahahahahaha!!! don't worry you guys, he's probably ...

    Mar 14, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: prayer

    I thought this was really profound, it's a good poem. I haven't got any crit left in me today, thogh

    Mar 10, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Odd Obsessions

    I flinch. All the time. And I dart my eyes around a lot when I'm talking.

    Mar 9, 2005


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate