User avatar

Misty

  • Writing Tips Re: Making My Characters Real

    Making your characters real is a magic you'll have to find in yourself. Just write. Just keep at it. If it's really what you love, it'll come.

    Sep 9, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Preview from my novel; True secrets

    GENERAL SCATTERED NOTES AND OTHER WHATSITS Hey there Raven! Well, first off, I see you're new here (cheers and hello)! A good thing to do when you're new is lurk ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Moonlit Stroll

    Hey Kitty! (I should really know your name by me or something to chat it up). You, as I have noticed, are a mad critiquer on the boards (45 last ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: goodnight.

    Your first line is really awful. It's sad, because the first line made me not want to read this the first time through, and there are some worth-while things in ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Prince

    My dry and chapped tongue would not cow them. Tongues don't chap... And this made very little sense to me. On the bright side, the rhythm was good. I will ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Mind, Body, and Spirit

    Ouch. But no, he's totally right. Imitate the best, and eventually you'll form your own ideas--and your ideas will sound better.

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In a Dream

    with the living mind of the beautiful poseur, the magic rambling of the wanted whore? Beautiful. All else can go if you keep this.

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: you know i'd sing for you

    You have a way of writing something lyrical and beautiful, with references that feel like rain and rainbows and manchester mornings. What else could anybody ask for? You also have ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I am no poet

    Meh. I didn't like it, but I didn't dislike it. It was very, "meh." "Not everything needs a metaphor." Cheers to that.

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Einstein

    And thwack Him with a cudgel. This singular line made the poem worth reading. Other than that, it was a laugh. It's rhythm seemed a bit off, but I'm useless ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An Ode to Me

    Surreal...this is a laugh, entirely, and reasonably well written. It flowed pretty nicely and the rhyming was genearlly pleasant. :) I pretend to be greater, but alas, I am not ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Three Things I Know About Writing

    I'm now an official instructor, and as such ought to be posting instructorly whatsits, instead of coloring in red and green markers on my (pages and pages) of book edits ...

    Sep 8, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: New

    Hey there! Welcomewelcomewelcome. Check out the writing tips areas first, and then start reviewing some stuff and reading some of the reviews, particularly by people like Snoink, Claudette, kitty15 an

    Sep 7, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Egg on Your Face

    Mod or no mod, the slap is there. And I'm not complaining to anyone, merely suggesting. That's what this website is for. I've been here for about three years and ...

    Sep 7, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Egg on Your Face

    Oliver Twist, Treasures of the Snow, The Good Son, The Secret Garden. Look around a bit--this idea is taken. Not only has it been taken, but it's been done better, ...

    Sep 7, 2007


If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer