-
Re: Age and Sexuality
I agree with Brad! wow there's a first. There's also repression. Personally I'm not sure whether all homosexual people would perceive it as a choice. But then i'm pretty straight ...
Mar 10, 2005 -
Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America
Bob, there's not upward mobility that's moving with the norm, I repeat my point. People's narrow mindedness shows when this becomes an argument about socialism vs capatilism. People's argument that ...
Mar 10, 2005 -
Re: Equal rights for homosexuals
Chevy, Erm? What makes you think it's a sin... lets look at the nine sins lust --> erm not that one Greed-->again nope Envy --> hmm well no? Gluttony --> ...
Mar 10, 2005 -
Re: Age and Sexuality
I think you're right dreaming_mouse how can you put an age on it when we are all such individuals. Sure some people in their teenage years get confused about homosexuality/hetrosexuality/bisexuality ...
Mar 9, 2005 -
Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America
You didn't use big wards. You attempted to complicate the matter using long descriptions to make the question seem out of reach, which is never fair. I think intelligent conversation ...
Mar 9, 2005 -
Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?
OF course the concepts of deviant aren't static. i belive they move are not fixed and develop through time. For example in Britain lesbianism was considered a deviant act by ...
Mar 9, 2005 -
Re: A perfect goverment
Zap, that is a very interesting way of looking at it. But then do you not think they could play on so called 'issues' such as immigration and dominate too ...
Mar 9, 2005 -
Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America
'The US is no longer a meritocracy, because there is a certain level of monetary prowess one must be born into to allow them to become 'upwardly mobile'.' That doesn't ...
Mar 9, 2005 -
Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?
Your comment doesn't make sense. There not being a punishment doesn't mean it's socially acceptable it just makes it a deviant act not a crime. There are many deviant acts. ...
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: Equal rights for homosexuals
Chevy, that was a really unthoughtful comment. There are many homosexuals in society that feel the law should change and are victimised that they can't marry under the eyes of ...
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America
Well she said upward mobility had become about being in the right social demographic, being in the right social demographic and moving with them is not upward mobility. If this ...
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?
I don't think there would be a lot more murders if there was no punishment (I think there should be), but I think what stops many people commiting murders is ...
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America
Gal, what you said doesn't make sense, if they're born into the appropriate socialeconomic demographic they're not being upwardly mobile, they're moving with their demographic.
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?
And so what I said stands it depends on the person, place, time etc...if punishment preventeed crime there would be no crime.
Mar 8, 2005 -
Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?
Sorry I meant community, punsihment.. anyway Well I dunno, the threat of death hasn't meant murder is less common in the U.S.A then in Britain, in fact it's more. I ...
Mar 7, 2005
