User avatar

Midnight

  • Lounge, The Re: Hurricane Katrina

    I'm shocked by the tone of this thread, they think the death count is well over hundred. Plus thousands have lost their homes and are facing the lives of being ...

    Sep 1, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Open Adoption

    I'm not sure but it sounds a bit similar to the Fostering system in England. Usually the parent is not seen as fit to look after the child but contact ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Child discipline

    yes and Foucault refers to how violence has become less necessary because of the use of discourses to control ohers.

    Aug 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Child discipline

    Hitting teaches a child that to change someone anyone you need to cause physical pain and helps to keep human traditions of violence to solve problems alive. I honestly really ...

    Aug 20, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Child discipline

    I've never been smacked but I have a really good relationship with my parents, I work hard and follow rules.

    Aug 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Difference between BBC news and CNN news.

    I wasn't. I wasn't even defending it, I was just pointing out that in terms of rhetoric that's the BBCs policy that's all. I don't always agree with it, the ...

    Aug 17, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Difference between BBC news and CNN news.

    Sabradan, awww but that's because the BBC has a policy of being tottally impartial. They even refuse to call the London bus bombers terroists, they're called 'bus bombers'. It's interesting, ...

    Aug 17, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    For once I argee with the majority of what Qi has said.

    Jul 26, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    Bush used 9/11 and Iraq to manipulate the American mindsight that Iraq was about September the 11th. Bush actually had his sights on Iraq very near the beggining of his ...

    Jul 26, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    How laughable I was just trying to ignore you and you were the person who insisted on constantly directing comments at me. Oh well that's the end of then is ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    On the notion of Iraq, I would just like to know what do people feel about Hussain's treatment and punishment, I haven't seen much of it in the press recently ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    It was locked by Jack because of you and I locked the next topic because I wanted to continue a debate about the London Suicide Bombers. If you had wanted ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    Qi I've allready informed you that I refuse to debate with you any further because of your actions on another post and your inability to behave with respect towards me ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    Brad: yes that's true, but again the reason it is important for hindsight is so those voices will be heard in the quest of what to decide in the future. ...

    Jul 25, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The War in Iraq/ 9 11

    No but that's what we said at the time and we were proved right, we have every right to go on about it. It calls in to question the actions ...

    Jul 24, 2005


The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone