User avatar

Midnight

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America

    You didn't use big wards. You attempted to complicate the matter using long descriptions to make the question seem out of reach, which is never fair. I think intelligent conversation ...

    Mar 9, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    OF course the concepts of deviant aren't static. i belive they move are not fixed and develop through time. For example in Britain lesbianism was considered a deviant act by ...

    Mar 9, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A perfect goverment

    Zap, that is a very interesting way of looking at it. But then do you not think they could play on so called 'issues' such as immigration and dominate too ...

    Mar 9, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America

    'The US is no longer a meritocracy, because there is a certain level of monetary prowess one must be born into to allow them to become 'upwardly mobile'.' That doesn't ...

    Mar 9, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    Your comment doesn't make sense. There not being a punishment doesn't mean it's socially acceptable it just makes it a deviant act not a crime. There are many deviant acts. ...

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Equal rights for homosexuals

    Chevy, that was a really unthoughtful comment. There are many homosexuals in society that feel the law should change and are victimised that they can't marry under the eyes of ...

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America

    Well she said upward mobility had become about being in the right social demographic, being in the right social demographic and moving with them is not upward mobility. If this ...

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    I don't think there would be a lot more murders if there was no punishment (I think there should be), but I think what stops many people commiting murders is ...

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Fallacy of Upward Mobility in America

    Gal, what you said doesn't make sense, if they're born into the appropriate socialeconomic demographic they're not being upwardly mobile, they're moving with their demographic.

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    And so what I said stands it depends on the person, place, time etc...if punishment preventeed crime there would be no crime.

    Mar 8, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    Sorry I meant community, punsihment.. anyway Well I dunno, the threat of death hasn't meant murder is less common in the U.S.A then in Britain, in fact it's more. I ...

    Mar 7, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: NO RIP TYWC

    It's nice to remmeber it fondly I dislike this thread's name.

    Mar 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What religion are you?

    Agnostic although I'm officially a confirmed Church of England member.

    Mar 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A perfect goverment

    Qi, you obviously have no knowledge of how the EU works. Seriously, our relationship with the EU is quakey because of Britains reluctance to immense itself within it. We also ...

    Mar 7, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does Punishment Prevent Crime?

    Depends, on the person, time,place,event,community punishment. I don't think this question can be answered with a yes or a no. Punishment can work the other way, when someone is punished ...

    Mar 7, 2005


I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera