User avatar

Meta-Messiah

  • Media Reviews Re: Lolita

    I read "Lolita" a few months ago and like Humbert and his nymphets i was totally entranced by this book. I've been on a bit of a Russian kick recently, ...

    Nov 26, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Ana Karenina

    I am currently just over half way through War and Peace, and have been for 2 months now, the book is becoming a true slog and i dont know why, ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Outsider by Albert Camus

    L'Etranger doesn't translate as stranger, its meaning is closer to someone being strange rather than being an actual stranger which implies someone we don't know, outsider implies someone not within ...

    Nov 13, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Outsider by Albert Camus

    The Title varies with the translation in french its L'Etranger, sorry about my previous post im not sure it makes any sense.

    Nov 13, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Outsider by Albert Camus

    Hmmmm interesting to understand or to empathize, is it easier to understand why he feels how he does, i never felt you were given any reason for why he doesn't ...

    Nov 12, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Outsider by Albert Camus

    What can I say? Not a particularily easy book to read, not due to any real complexity of language but down to the nature of the main character. Meursault does ...

    Nov 12, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky

    Yeh i saw the machinist recently, i really enjoyed it, the length Christian Bale went to to get into the role was amazing, it was like watching an anatomical model, ...

    Nov 12, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Classics- Recommendations

    Ahh then i shall to go scavenging in my local second hand and see if i can find any, post haste

    Nov 8, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky

    Sorry i was wrong about the landlady bit it was a pawn broker momentary lapse of memory on my behalf

    Oct 26, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky

    This book surprised me, I was expecting a very deep but nigh on unintelligible intellectual epic of a book. What i got was very deep and intellectual but a friendly ...

    Oct 25, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Classics- Recommendations

    I've been working my way through the classics lately, my favourite has to be "crime and punishment" by Dostoyefsky I would recommend it to everyone. Currently half way through "war ...

    Oct 25, 2005


u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper