User avatar

Meta-Messiah

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Your father's son

    I would change it to "liver's" but seeing as how it is neither, the abbreviated or the "rot" that belongs to the liver i dont feel that it is necessary. ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Your father's son

    We gorge ourselves thus we grow fat and drink therefore our livers rot, unconsoled we hurtle on towards the fate our fathers knew slow suicides to save their sons

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Freedom

    I wasn't sure about this, firstly the idea of entrapment and escape is quite a tired one, at some point we all feel trapped and as a result of that ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Soul

    I felt that you did a good job of communicating the sentiment of this poem, but overall I felt the poem lacked a sense of rhythm or flow, the entire ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fly Dance

    I know to walk a dance seems contradictory, but i guess i was trying to portray a kind of lurching broken elegance. Obviously not to much avail, cheers for pointing ...

    Nov 28, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fly Dance

    The night swelters, Hot and loud, Alarms screech like electric cicadas And frantic dusty wings grope for light, A long day has passed ripe with beauty and ache I've walked ...

    Nov 26, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Lolita

    I read "Lolita" a few months ago and like Humbert and his nymphets i was totally entranced by this book. I've been on a bit of a Russian kick recently, ...

    Nov 26, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: White noise trilogy

    These three are technically separate poems, but they have a single inspiration and were written within minutes of each other. Why separate triplets? Monotony, The metronomes rhythm continues, No cresc

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Black hole pupils

    Thanks for that, it's been so long since I wrote with any kind of discipline that I really need kicking into shape.

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Cantilever

    I love this, Beauty and elegance carved from concrete and suspended by lace strings of steel cable. Poetic words wrought of iron. Sorry if I can't offer much critical advice ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: An Idle Night

    I thought there was some really interesting/ beautiful imagery in here "Crystal-less and aged A slivering of lead." But as a whole there was a lack of coherence, lots of ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Black hole pupils

    Today I met a lady with pupils that bled, Not blood, but space That immeasurable void. They bled out down her face (her pupils that is) Past the gash of ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Karl vs. the Kids

    I really liked this, was the old man Karl Marx by chance, don't know if i should be glad or not that various things old Marx said i have said ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Crush on the Clerk

    Wasn't sure about this, the imagery wasn't anything original, if you wanna hear some really great food imagery listen to "the heart of saturday night" by Tom Waits. Also i ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: For Acasia

    I thought this had potential, although some of the rhyming felt a little forced, also I found it a bit indecipherable at times again possibly due to forced rhyming. As ...

    Dec 15, 2005


For according to the trollish philosopher Plateau, "if you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes."
— A Blink of the Screen by Terry Pratchett