User avatar

Megrim

  • WRFF Archive Re: The 'grim is coming for you.

    All caught up and ready for more!

    Feb 13, 2018
  • Writing Tips Re: Anybody know how to write 'simple'?

    Try reading YA books (young adult). They have the same complexity of plot and characterization, but usually a more streamlined, faster-paced writing style. Also, Brandon Sanderson has a ton of ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Writing Tips Re: Serious Writing Trouble?

    Maybe it's that you don't know how to translate those big ideas into a concrete series of scenes? There's always more details, more "crap how do I get from A ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Writing Tips Re: Romantic Relationships

    The elephant in the room for me is whether this is a romance story, or a story with romance in it? Those are two different playing fields. If it's a ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Immortal couple

    Routine! You'll often see in movies some moment where one character is all ready for when the other character forgets/messes up/drops something. For instance, she'll be sitting reading the newspaper ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Moving On? Or Just a Break?

    You sound just like Dan Wells. If you're not familiar with the name, he's a very successful author and one of the podcasters on Writing Excuses. His debut was a ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Research Archives Re: Asthmatic Character?

    Since you said this is for a contest, you're probably already done and moving on by now xD But I'll chime in anyway. What you're asking about is representation. So ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Research Re: Farm ownership questions!(Are horse stories still loved?)

    On the farming side, I think others have that covered. The farm would definitely be specialized. I don't know about produce, but I know a lot about livestock farming, and ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Research Re: Crime and Sci-fi Genre

    I think the others have made the good point that you're approaching it a bit upside-down. Genre is used to describe where a story fits. It's not a template for ...

    Feb 5, 2018
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Verbs Are The New Adjectives

    Thank you @inktopus! I'm very flattered.

    Feb 4, 2018
  • WRFF Archive Re: The 'grim is coming for you.

    Hello! I have been hiding from the world finishing a draft for the past few months. I will start going through these all in the near future. Sorry for taking ...

    Feb 4, 2018
  • WRFF Archive Re: The 'grim is coming for you.

    Blargh apparently no one reads the post.

    Dec 7, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Greyfell and Harper

    That sounds really cool! And wow it reminds me so much of a book I was looking at in Barnes & Noble. I have no idea what it was called--I ...

    Oct 26, 2017
  • WRFF Archive Re: The 'grim is coming for you.

    Samk is all set. Who's next?!

    Oct 26, 2017
  • Research Re: what to do with a lovercraftian hybrid?

    Both The Curse of Yig and The Dunwich Horror involve Eldritch-human hybrids, so I'd recommend reading those to see how Lovecraft himself envisioned such things.

    Oct 26, 2017


No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates