User avatar

MeadowLark

  • Lounge, The Re: How was your day?

    If this was yesterday, I'd say was chaotic. But for now, okay. I just have to finish writing an essay. Actually quite proud of myself for I got one sentence ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: January 2010 Could Set a Reviewing Record...

    Awesome. That's all I can say :P

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Swear Words Are Just Like Any Other Word?

    I always cuss. Usually when I'm playing video games, hurt myself or just plain angry. It is defiantly part of my daily vocabulary, which I suppose isn't very large :P

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: i need help starting my novel!!

    If you're having troubles with beginning your story, just write a half fast beginning and then continue on writing. When you're ready and more motivated and such, then go back ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Other Poetry Re: Your Most Faithful Friend

    Heya there Saturdays! Such a simple a cute little poem. It does remind one of Shel Silverstein's poems. Speaking of which, I should actually find some of his collections... I've ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: art work

    Heya Maki! Her clothing are very well done and I love the details you put into them. However, the pink really clashes with the darker tones you were using. Excluding ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is the short story dead?

    Sometimes a story is just meant to be told in a shorter form. I have a whole collection of short stories I've written or waiting to be finished laying around. ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: A Dragon

    Aww, he's so cute with his serious expression xD I myself enjoy drawing dragons, but could never force myself to colour them. However, I believe you did a lovely job ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Hacking YWS - I

    Haha, awesome Ellie! Very entertaining, but then again, most YWS fanfics are. I like this new approach you took on writing a fanfic. From an outsiders point of view. Unless ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Demon Stirs - Prologue

    Snickers! Welcome to YWS! Lornath had been young, charismatic, and ambitious when he rose to his kingship in the largest kingdom of humans, M’ram. I thought Lornath was an elf. ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: ¡Buenos dias, todos!

    Heya there Bowser! Welcome to YWS! Hmm, does that you mean you're a fan of Mario? :P Joking. I'm Meadow, but you could call me Lark if you wish. Several ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Short Story: The Enchanter's House

    Hiya Thajaro! Welcome to YWS :D I loved this little story. I enjoyed the way the house was trying to play tricks on its owner and the way it protected ...

    Jan 11, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Newbie said hi

    Heya there TJ! Welcome to YWS. There's people on here who are under 14 and they're writing is awesome, so don't be so hard on yourself :D Besides, you're writing ...

    Jan 10, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Lexie - Saviour

    Hiya there Sophia! This is an interesting piece and you hooked me in right away with your opening line. I enjoyed the description you used throughout the entire chapter for ...

    Jan 10, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: A cool job for 18+ YWSers (US only)

    I'm 18 and in...oh Canada.

    Jan 10, 2010


This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy