Random avatar

McMourning

  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up Poor Names For Characters

    John Smith Like Jones, it's very unoriginal.

    Jul 11, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Give a Summary, Make a Title

    The wealthy Madam Fanfare has been murdered. Vert powder and a ribbon of rouge (blush) were left at the scene of the crime. Not very much for the police to ...

    Jul 9, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Jack. Something simple. A well-off woman who sends her daughter away and only visits once a week, rather than raising her. The woman is married, but her husband does not ...

    Jul 9, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    I died.

    Jul 9, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: I'll Never Understand

    Wow. I felt like I was reading a memoir, rather than fiction. It felt very real. I think part of that is because of your use of imagery early on ...

    Jul 9, 2010
  • Randomosity Archive Re: What does this username make you think of?

    Seeing everything from above, always watching

    Jun 13, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: About Hannah

    Hello. There are many parts I think you did well. It rhymes without being strained, for one. For another, you help the reader to visualize Hannah and her life. I ...

    Mar 14, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sometimes I cry

    I cry for the children, I cry for the families, I cry for us all. Silently, I hope. For all humanity. For there's a darkness. There's a problem, will always ...

    Mar 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Winds of Change

    Hello. The first thing I noticed was the capitalization and punctuation. Contractions need to have apostrophes (It's, don't, can't), and the beginning of each stanza should be capitalized. this is ...

    Mar 12, 2010
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Snow, Weather, Winter

    I also think this is a beautiful piece. Those near me -- are far away. This is probably my favourite line. It works to tell the story well, but I ...

    Mar 12, 2010
  • Other Re: They're living a lie of a proof

    I actually didn't think this piece was bad. You have a really good rhythm, and it does tell a story of sorts. But, at some points, the short sentences don't ...

    Jan 24, 2010
  • Other Re: Dreams

    Yes, that is a good job, but I do have two small things to change. I would have liked it to be in three "paragraphs", because as I read it ...

    Jan 24, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Moonshine

    You speak so easily about loss, focusing on the good, like the bell. That's nice, but there are some things to change. First, Moonshine is a name and should always ...

    Jan 17, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: X

    Hi. I didn't really find anything wrong with the story itself, but I would've liked some of your sentences to have been shorter. She blinked a few times, wondering if ...

    Jan 17, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Practice Opening to Sci Fi Book - Need feedback!

    It's an interesting concept. I'm not sure that anyone else has suggested a laser wall surrounding the universe. Sometimes the worlds need heroes and sometimes people need heroes. But rarely, ...

    Jan 8, 2010


Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela