Random avatar

McMourning

  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Welcome LC! YWS is a great forum, and I hope you'll agree. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me or anyone else. We'll all be ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Colours

    Have you ever noticed that Canada and America spells colours differently? Color... colour... I think "colour" is the Canadian spelled version Colour is English whereas color is American. Just like ...

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Regretting my life errors. And, it's not Saccharine...that stuff tastes horrible. :P Anyway, what do you regret? You may have to think about it, because I originally said that I ...

    Apr 12, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Reminds me of Princess Leia, so I'm thinking a poised, sophisticated woman--who can not only hold a gun, but use it. With the last name of Cross, I see a ...

    Apr 12, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Before we all died, we had a big debate about it--we knew the world was going to explode sometime. What we didn't know was if we'd go to heaven. And, ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Well, since we're all dead, there are no best friends. But, before the nuclear explosion, I think I was my best friend. Ya'll? ~Dr. Sacrifice

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A story of confusion, yet romance. After marrying, a girl realizes her man isn't right for her, and spends the rest of the story wondering why she chose him. Twisted ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Title feedback/magic abilities

    Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. A physchic would make sense, as a Watcher, and would work with Illusions being part of the title.

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Ok, we both posted at the same time... Ciaran reminds me of Ciara, so I picture a lanky African. But, she's afraid of her femininity, because the "n" on the ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Nick is Greek for "Victory of People", so I can imagine that your character is strong, and a fighter. Also, he does not have a last name, which could mean ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    I think you mean "of" not "or" in your title. But, I'll give you both. Songs or Oritsu : It sounds like the main characters speak a made-up language. Maybe ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Title feedback/magic abilities

    1. Do you think "Twilight and Illusion" will still work? If not, do you have any other ideas for a title? 2. Should the main character be a healer and ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    That's very intriguing. Failing to die would be like someone "yanking" you back to life, at the last moment. For example, you can "live" for 3 minutes without oxygeb (but ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Book to Screen...?

    I'm not sure if this is truly what you're looking for, but... I'd take it as a compliment that someone wants my work to be a movie. Think about it...only ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Shadowstalker

    Welcome! YWS is a nice environment, and I enjoy it. I hope you'll enjoy it just as much. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

    Apr 9, 2007


A person is more than their experiences, stacked up like stones... Our best moments are the foundations we use to reach for the sky.
— Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson